Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The horsepower numbers are identical for the standard-range RWD vs AWD. Wouldn't having a second motor mean more HP? The torque figures aren't the same, so something doesn't add up.
My guess is that the SR battery cannot drive any more current, so any power given to the front motor decreases that given to the rear motor. The torque goes up because there are two motors, even though the net power is the same. The ER has more cells wired in parallel to deliver more current.
Sponsored

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
My guess is that the SR battery cannot drive any more current, so any power given to the front motor decreases that given to the rear motor. The torque goes up because there are two motors, even though the net power is the same. The ER has more cells wired in parallel to deliver more current.
Thanks, that makes sense.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Has anyone seen if these increased numbers impact 0-60 times?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Nope. Time to switch your reservation to a GT.
I actually already have a GT reservation! I could potentially be talked to a FE, if it became available. I was hoping to see 0-60 would be better than expected.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone seen if these increased numbers impact 0-60 times?
I haven't, but since these power improvements are around 4%, that's only about a 1/4 second on a 6 second time (if it translates linearly). Since they only announced "mid-six, low-six, and mid-five" estimates for most trims, it's probably not enough to move the needle on those descriptions.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I actually already have a GT reservation! I could potentially be talked to a FE, if it became available. I was hoping to see 0-60 would be better than expected.
Nice! I'm considering making the jump to GT from a Premium.

e-tron weighs 5700lbs, 355hp and 5.5s 0-60.
FE weighs 5000lbs, 346hp and "mid-5s" 0-60.

Just based on the lbs/hp ratio, the First Edition MME has the potential to be quicker to 60 mph.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If there is a God the Premium AWD LR spec will match Tesla's Y AWD LR 0-60 4.8 seconds. ;)

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
If there is a God the Premium AWD LR spec will match Tesla's Y AWD LR 0-60 4.8 seconds. ;)
That could do it for me! However, I think the Model Y is 500 lbs lighter. Also about 40 more horsepower (but I think 40-50 less lbs of torque).

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That could do it for me! However, I think the Model Y is 500 lbs lighter. Also about 40 more horsepower (but I think 40-50 less lbs of torque).
Ok that's fair. I'd settle for anything less than 5.5 seconds! ?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just remember, Tesla has a habit of making their cars go faster. I have zero doubt that Tesla is going to unlock a bit more horsepower to enable quicker 0 to 60 times for the Model Y, especially if Ford has the audacity to try and match the Y.

Without prompting, Tesla increased the horsepower and subsequent 0 to 60 times for the Model 3. Twice. Then they went ahead and offered a $2,000 bump so that a regular dual motor Model 3 could go 0 to 60 in 3.7 seconds or so.

At least with a GT we will be quicker than almost anything out there and possibly be even on par with a Performance Model Y.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just remember, Tesla has a habit of making their cars go faster. I have zero doubt that Tesla is going to unlock a bit more horsepower to enable quicker 0 to 60 times for the Model Y, especially if Ford has the audacity to try and match the Y.

Without prompting, Tesla increased the horsepower and subsequent 0 to 60 times for the Model 3. Twice. Then they went ahead and offered a $2,000 bump so that a regular dual motor Model 3 could go 0 to 60 in 3.7 seconds or so.

At least with a GT we will be quicker than almost anything out there and possibly be even on par with a Performance Model Y.
Let's not forget the Tesla racing team's secret weapon: All you need to do is start out in front of the competition in the initial sprint. All the mis-fit parts of your Tesla will fly off and distract your opponents! ?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Honestly, Ford *should* be able to do the exact same thing. As Ford receives more and more data, they could send OTA tweaks that will improve performance, mileage, etc. we shall see.
Sponsored