silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That could do it for me! However, I think the Model Y is 500 lbs lighter. Also about 40 more horsepower (but I think 40-50 less lbs of torque).
The Y has quite a bit more horsepower at its disposal.
Honestly, Ford *should* be able to do the exact same thing. As Ford receives more and more data, they could send OTA tweaks that will improve performance, mileage, etc. we shall see.
The problem is that Ford is hardware constrained with the non-GT MME dual motor setup. The front small motor is 50 kW and the rear is 216 kW.

Unfortunately, that set up will never compete very well against a Tesla Model Y dual motor.
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The Y has quite a bit more horsepower at its disposal.

The problem is that Ford is hardware constrained with the non-GT MME dual motor setup. The front small motor is 50 kW and the rear is 216 kW.

Unfortunately, that set up will never compete very well against a Tesla Model Y dual motor.
I thought I read the Model Y had like 386 hp to MME’s 346? I mean it’s 40 hp difference, but would you call that as “quite a bit”?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I thought I read the Model Y had like 386 hp to MME’s 346? I mean it’s 40 hp difference, but would you call that as “quite a bit”?
11.5% increase

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Brooks from Drag Times on YouTube measured the power as 198 kW from the front motor and 270 kW from the rear motor. Since Tesla uses the same hardware for both regular dual motor and the performance variant, I think we can assume that Tesla is nerfing the motors and can easily dial up the power if needed in the dual motor.
Sponsored