Hank

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Niro EV
Country flag
Range numbers ar those with the highest variability when it comes to real use on the road.
So don't expect if there will some different numbers shine up, it would have any effect in real range.
May be, if the engineers decide to release more of the theoretical total batt capacity from the beginning, it will resume in longer range by numbers, but that would not be sustainable!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Range numbers ar those with the highest variability when it comes to real use on the road.
So don't expect if there will some different numbers shine up, it would have any effect in real range.
May be, if the engineers decide to release more of the theoretical total batt capacity from the beginning, it will resume in longer range by numbers, but that would not be sustainable!
Of course in real world driving your mileage will vary, but the EPA/WLTP numbers are reasonable approximations under similar driving to the test procedures. I forget if it was Darren Palmer or someone else, but when asked about the E hitting their targeted EPA range he said "oh yes, we WILL make the range targets" - which leads me to believe they lowballed the numbers. It would be nice if the SR RWD Mach E managed to be around the same range as the Model 3 SR+.

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
We bring exciting news! The 2021 Mach-E specs on Ford's dealer training site (obtained from our dealer source) are now showing an increase in horsepower, torque and kW output specs for all Mach-E trims and models!

Compared to the previously published specs by Ford, here are the new HP, LB-FT and kW figures.

RWD Standard Range Mach-E:
266 hp / 317 lb-ft / 198 kW​
(+11 hp, +11 lb-ft, +8 kW from original specs)​

RWD Extended Range Mach-E:
290 hp / 317 lb-ft / 216 kW​
(+8 hp, +11 lb-ft, +6 kW from original specs)​

AWD Standard Range Mach-E:
266 hp / 428 lb-ft / 198 kW​

AWD Extended Range Mach-E:
346 hp / 428 lb-ft / 258 kW​
(+14 hp, +11 lb-ft, +10 kW from original specs)​

2021 Mach-E Updated Specs KW LB-FT HP - Macheforum.com.jpg
This probably means they've finalized the base models for production. It was mentioned as the primary goal in the Detnews article about them working from home.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Of course in real world driving your mileage will vary, but the EPA/WLTP numbers are reasonable approximations under similar driving to the test procedures. I forget if it was Darren Palmer or someone else, but when asked about the E hitting their targeted EPA range he said "oh yes, we WILL make the range targets" - which leads me to believe they lowballed the numbers. It would be nice if the SR RWD Mach E managed to be around the same range as the Model 3 SR+.
Dave Pericak said in either the Autoline After Hours panel on YouTube or the Wheel Bearings podcast at the launch event back in November, that when he said that the Mustang Mach E would get 300 miles of range on a charge, the unlike other manufacturers who claim 300 miles, Ford EV was going to make that.

In other news, I spend way too much time listening to podcasts and watching YouTube for news on the Mustang Mach-E.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
like, say, 10% higher as a guess?
The new HP and Torque numbers were approx. 5% better, so I'd take a wild guess and say range will be approx. 5% better.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hot damn! 4% higher hp and almost 3% more torque.
Any improvement in the estimated range and efficiency?

Thanks for sneaking the news out!
We bring exciting news! The 2021 Mach-E specs on Ford's dealer training site (obtained from our dealer source) are now showing an increase in horsepower, torque and kW output specs for all Mach-E trims and models!

Compared to the previously published specs by Ford, here are the new HP, LB-FT and kW figures.

RWD Standard Range Mach-E:
266 hp / 317 lb-ft / 198 kW​

RWD Extended Range Mach-E:
290 hp / 317 lb-ft / 216 kW​
(+8 hp, +11 lb-ft, +6 kW from original specs)​

AWD Standard Range Mach-E:
266 hp / 428 lb-ft / 198 kW​

AWD Extended Range Mach-E:
346 hp / 428 lb-ft / 258 kW​
(+14 hp, +11 lb-ft, +10 kW from original specs)​

2021 Mach-E Updated Specs KW LB-FT HP - Macheforum.com.jpg
im just a gal driving a Prius with 98 horsepower(go cart with 4 doors!) so imagine the excitement when I read 346 Hp on the AWD ER ...ohhhhh I see some fun coming my way!!!! ????

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Maybe a stupid question(s) as I don't have the vehicle but would using the less aggressive drive "mode" net more range? Are these HP/torque increases from the most aggressive drive mode or all/any mode?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Maybe a stupid question(s) as I don't have the vehicle but would using the less aggressive drive "mode" net more range? Are these HP/torque increases from the most aggressive drive mode or all/any mode?
Good question. Engaged, maybe?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Good question. Engaged, maybe?
Why can’t the full HP and torque figures be available in every drive mode. How much HP/ torque you experience would depend on how hard/far/fast you push on the go pedal.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It would be nice if the SR RWD Mach E managed to be around the same range as the Model 3 SR+.
Wouldn’t surprise me. I’m not expecting Tesla efficiency but the SR MME DOES have a battery which is similar in capacity to the LR 3/Y. I don’t know if this is true under real world use but there was an article out recently that showed the Tesla’s getting lower projected total range than the EPA estimates. My initial thoughts were, for the same price range compared to Tesla (ignoring tax incentives), on the MME you were still getting an LR level battery.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Why can’t the full HP and torque figures be available in every drive mode. How much HP/ torque you experience would depend on how hard/far/fast you push on the go pedal.
There exists (at Ford) at HP/Torque/RPM curve for all vehicles. Is this curve changed with different drive modes and if so, it could effect range if...one drove at certain areas in an attempt to improve efficiency.
Sponsored