eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I think it’s because order banks for the regular versions are opening up next month. We won’t be placing GT orders until later this year. It’s a bummer though because while I am a GT reservation holder, I’d like to be able to compare specs across the board before making a final decision.
More importantly, it's because we haven't seen pre-production GT models (only a prototype) on which Ford can verify real world numbers like it can with the pre-production non-GT models it's already road testing.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
More importantly, it's because we haven't seen pre-production GT models (only a prototype) on which Ford can verify real world numbers like it can with the pre-production non-GT models it's already road testing.
Who knows, we could have seen some GT's road testing by hiding in plain sight!? All it would take is to put a different front end on a test mule to hide it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Breaking: 2021 Mach-E Specs Increased Across The Board (HP, LB-FT, KW)! Mach-E Prototype Detroit 1

Dean Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport, 2016 Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Great point. There would be no way to tell from the outside if they were just testing the drivetrain.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Who knows, we could have seen some GT's road testing by hiding in plain sight!? All it would take is to put a different front end on a test mule to hide it.
And non-GT brakes, but I like the way you think, and I certainly hope that GT development and testing is this far along.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Think of it this way, at a stoplight with a 1 sec difference and both are Mach-E's, one will be ahead by around 5 car lengths (give or take) before the other by the time 60 mph hits.
I always lose my stoplight drag races around town. My C-Max just doesn't cut it I guess. ;)

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
I always lose my stoplight drag races around town. My C-Max just doesn't cut it I guess. ;)
Actually our C-Max's will get a nice jump (in EV Later or Auto EV and charged HVB) but that's about it! hehehe :p

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why anyone would need to go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
My girlfriend talks about "getting from zero to illegal fast enough" and "how fast can you go in traffic anyway?" ?

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
But for how long? With such a short range, I wonder how efficient it will be at Texas Highway speeds. I was driving a Model X at left-lane speed-of-traffic in a 75mph zone and the mileage useage was terrible. I had to slow down and move to the right lane to make it home. I hope the range gets bumped to at least 285 before production.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I guesstimate that the Mustang Mach-E is around a Model X 75/100D insofar as range, performance and battery characteristics.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
But for how long? With such a short range, I wonder how efficient it will be at Texas Highway speeds. I was driving a Model X at left-lane speed-of-traffic in a 75mph zone and the mileage useage was terrible. I had to slow down and move to the right lane to make it home. I hope the range gets bumped to at least 285 before production.
When I get mine, I'll have to take it down Texas "fastest road in America" to find out :)

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mustangs are muscle cars.

Per James May (formerly of Top Gear), the greatest muscle car America ever made is the Tesla P100D.

Right now, the best that Ford can do is the Mustang GT500 at 3.5s but I'm guessing the Mach-E GT will go even better.
The new GT500 will run off and leave a MME GT, or even a Tesla P100D, from any kind of roll where traction is no longer an issue. 133mph in the 1/4mile is flat out flying. If the MME GT can hit ~115 like a Model 3 performance, I would be super happy. But the difference between 115 and 133 is huuuuge. I have a mildly modded 2010 GT500 that runs ~122 in the 1/4mile, and it is just stupid fast when you hammer it on the highway.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Playing the SC game is for those just looking to get to a destination, not for those looking to get there quickly. You can drive fast and spend more time at the SC or slow down and spend more time on the road. Either way, you are not going to go 300 miles as fast as you will in an ICE car, which why I wouldn't take an EV on a road trip. In the case I was talking about earlier, there was no SC along my 50mile route and even if there was, slowing down would get me to my destination quicker. I had about 80miles of range showing and figured I would make it comfortably, but not so. I think I had like 8 miles of range left when I parked. One day EVs will charge way faster than they do now and in more locations. Only then will I go fully EV. For now, 2 EVs and an ICE works for my family.
Sponsored

Last edited: