jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
So you just have to drive fast enough that with the charging delay you still get to your destination at the same average speed. So really, top speed is more important than acceleration :)

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
"Now showing an increase in horsepower, torque and kW output specs for all Mach-E trims and models!"

Since the reservation holders most interested in those settings are the ones with GT reservations, why did you headline "ALL trims and models"...the most important models aren't there. I'm 70 years old, btw.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
"Now showing an increase in horsepower, torque and kW output specs for all Mach-E trims and models!"

Since the reservation holders most interested in in those settings are the ones with GT reservations, why did you headline "ALL trims and models"...the most important models aren't there.
Hey, I was excited by improved stats for my FE, too! I'm also eager to see how the EPA ranges turn out.

It would have been nice to see GT specs too but they haven't built those prototypes yet.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We bring exciting news! The 2021 Mach-E specs on Ford's dealer training site (obtained from our dealer source) are now showing an increase in horsepower, torque and kW output specs for all Mach-E trims and models!

Compared to the previously published specs by Ford, here are the new HP, LB-FT and kW figures.

RWD Standard Range Mach-E:
266 hp / 317 lb-ft / 198 kW​
(+11 hp, +11 lb-ft, +8 kW from original specs)​

RWD Extended Range Mach-E:
290 hp / 317 lb-ft / 216 kW​
(+8 hp, +11 lb-ft, +6 kW from original specs)​

AWD Standard Range Mach-E:
266 hp / 428 lb-ft / 198 kW​
(+11 hp, +11 lb-ft, +8 kW from original specs)​

AWD Extended Range Mach-E:
346 hp / 428 lb-ft / 258 kW​
(+14 hp, +11 lb-ft, +10 kW from original specs)​

Ford Mustang Mach-E Breaking: 2021 Mach-E Specs Increased Across The Board (HP, LB-FT, KW)! Studio_20170819_181833
Going back to the original reveal event, Ford announced that the big motor is 210kW and the small front motor is 50kW.

Looks like there's been a bump up from 210kW to 216kW for the rear motor but we can't tell yet what the breakdown is for the AWD variants and no clue for GT.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Going back to the original reveal event, Ford announced that the big motor is 210kW and the small front motor is 50kW.

Looks like there's been a bump up from 210kW to 216kW for the rear motor but we can't tell yet what the breakdown is for the AWD variants and no clue for GT.
Hopefully that means a similar bump up in the GTs, too.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It should. The GT simply uses two of the larger motors (the rear one that all models have, plus a 2nd one driving the front axle).

The RWD has the large motor only in the rear;
The AWD has the large motor in the rear plus the small in the front;
The GT has the large motor in the rear and the front.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If nothing else it tells you that the GT motors are nerfed by more than 50hp. Each. This means there's some serious headroom on the GT for improved performance than what was initially announced.

Bigger picture, there's been a lot of speculation that Ford has been deliberately low-balling the specs. This news is a bit of confirmation that the speculation is valid and it makes me wonder what else they've been downplaying and why?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If nothing else it tells you that the GT motors are nerfed by more than 50hp. Each. This means there's some serious headroom on the GT for improved performance than what was initially announced.

Bigger picture, there's been a lot of speculation that Ford has been deliberately low-balling the specs. This news is a bit of confirmation that the speculation is valid and it makes me wonder what else they've been downplaying and why?
It's generally a good gamble to under promise and over deliver. It's not like the early specs were 25% lower than actuals. They hit the specs pretty well but started out slightly conservative. Just imagine the fuming that would go on here if they had under-delivered!

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
The GT lists the total horsepower at 459 (340kW) but we know with two big motors the total potential is 432kW.
I just wouldn't take the increase of +8 hp in the large motor in the RWD ER as "telling us that the GT motors are nerfed by no less than 50 hp each". I don't see how Ford exceeding targets by 8-14 hp in the non-GT motors is clear indication that the GT will exceed by 100 hp.
You're a lot more optimistic than I, though I hope you're right.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The GT lists the total horsepower at 459 (340kW) but we know with two big motors the total potential is 432kW.
I don't have much understanding how the numbers work for multiple motors, but the specs suggest they're not linearly additive like that. These are the numbers from the initial post in the thread...

266 hp / 317 lb-ft / 198 kW
(+11 hp, +11 lb-ft, +8 kW from original specs)

290 hp / 317 lb-ft / 216 kW
(+8 hp, +11 lb-ft, +6 kW from original specs)

266 hp / 428 lb-ft / 198 kW

346 hp / 428 lb-ft / 258 kW
(+14 hp, +11 lb-ft, +10 kW from original specs)

We know the RWD has a single (rear) large motor, while the AWD simply adds a smaller motor to the front. However, the extra motor doesn't add anything to the kW rating of the SR models (198 to 198), while it adds 42 kw to the ER models (216 to 258). Doesn't seem to make much sense, but it does appear to show that adding a 2nd motor isn't just linearly additive.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't have much understanding how the numbers work for multiple motors, but the specs suggest they're not linearly additive like that. These are the numbers from the initial post in the thread...

266 hp / 317 lb-ft / 198 kW

290 hp / 317 lb-ft / 216 kW
(+8 hp, +11 lb-ft, +6 kW from original specs)

266 hp / 428 lb-ft / 198 kW

346 hp / 428 lb-ft / 258 kW
(+14 hp, +11 lb-ft, +10 kW from original specs)

We know the RWD has a single (rear) large motor, while the AWD simply adds a smaller motor to the front. However, the extra motor doesn't add anything to the kW rating of the SR models (198 to 198), while it adds 42 kw to the ER models (216 to 258). Doesn't seem to make much sense, but it does appear to show that adding a 2nd motor isn't just linearly additive.
Total HP output is based on the system, not just one component. In the SR case, I suggest the battery is not able to push enough current to the motors for them to realize their full potential. The additional module for the ER is wired in parallel, thus allowing more current to be delivered - which is why the HP is so much higher on the ER (RWD and AWD). I would suggest the same reason for the GT being "nerfed".
Sponsored