SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I was on the highway today, far from home. I stopped at a Love's Travel stop to grab a sandwich.

All 20 or 30 of the fuel pumps were down. Diesel and gasoline.

There were a lot of angry, stranded people. Being in my Mustang, I tried not to feel empathy for them, but I did anyway. It really sucks to be far from home without a way to refuel so you can get to where you're going.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I was on the highway today, far from home. I stopped at a Love's Travel stop to grab a sandwich.

All 20 or 30 of the fuel pumps were down. Diesel and gasoline.

There were a lot of angry, stranded people. Being in my Mustang, I tried not to feel empathy for them, but I did anyway. It really sucks to be far from home without a way to refuel so you can get to where you're going.
would have been pretty good schaudenfraude if the Loveā€™s had DCFC like the one near me

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
would have been pretty good schaudenfraude if the Loveā€™s had DCFC like the one near me
I was at a different Love's a week ago. I charged from 45% to 85% and was out before the two U-Hauls who had pulled into the station before me were done... Drove past a Buc-ees and its line was blocking traffic all the way onto the freeway... Costco too... I was feeling it in those instances... There were other, nearby fueling stations they all could have gone to.

LM_COGT

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Mach-E GT, 2019 CX-5, 2018 Leaf S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
I hope they brought their mobile pumps, then at least they could hook up to a normal fuel faucet and trickle fuel enough to get to the next high speed pumping station.

Huh? Slow fuel faucets aren't a thing? Well how do they refuel at home?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I was at a different Love's a week ago. I charged from 45% to 85% and was out before the two U-Hauls who had pulled into the station before me were done... Drove past a Buc-ees and its line was blocking traffic all the way onto the freeway... Costco too... I was feeling it in those instances... There were other, nearby fueling stations they all could have gone to.
I had the same feeling at Buc-eeā€™s over the weekend too. Absolutely packed, traffic jams in the parking lot. I charged at a Gate gas station down the street where no one else was at, it was great. Also shout out to FPL for their amazing DCFC equipment. Never have an issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ha, wonder why they seem to be having problems. Kyle Conner was at a Love's last week and the same thing happened. All the pumps were down because of an internet outage:

Sponsored