Buffalo to Ossining road trip- got any advice?

Silver 21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach e Premium
Country flag
Hi gang!
We got our Mach e yesterday! Great car and we are having fun getting it all set up. This is our first EV and I am very comfortable with the range around town, but I have to confess that I’m a little nervous about our first road trip. We are going from Buffalo (home) to visit friends in Ossining next weekend. There is an L2 charger walking distance from their house so once we are there things should be fine, but getting from here to there seems a little daunting. We are thinking route 90 to 87 is probably the best as far as access to charging stations goes.
Has anyone made this trek ? Any advice or pointers for a complete rookie?
Thanks in advance,
Dave
Sponsored

OP
OP

Silver 21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach e Premium
Country flag
So it ended up being a good trip. Route 17 seemed a little sketchy as far as access to fast chargers goes so we went the longer - 90 to 87 to the Taconic Pkwy - route. Used the fast chargers at Waterloo, herkimer and cross gates mall in Albany. Ended up a 9 1/2 hour drive each way. Long but a good “we can do this” kind of trip. Total drive 851 miles round trip, 15 hours 20 minutes of drive time (not counting chargers), averaging 2.5 miles per kWhour.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Buffalo to Ossining road trip- got any advice? 6457CABB-C801-4EEB-894A-86408E80AFDE