Bugatti's design boss says MME looks like male genitalia......

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I don't think there will ever be a production model with 1 sec 0-60mph. That is 2.7g acceleration, which would require special tires and drivers willing to sacrifice their health. For all practical purposes its meaningless.
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Read this article about the upcoming Bugatti and there was a discussion with the Bugatti design chief where he said;

On the flip side, Anscheidt also laments how boring current EV design has been considering the creative freedom "skateboard" platforms have afforded, even calling the Ford Mustang Mach-E's mostly unnecessarily long front end a "penis extension."
"I find that sometimes it's a shame that just because we're entering into an electric age for a lot of brands, why do all the cars all of a sudden look so bland? You know, electric cars very often have more power than combustion engine ones. So why can't a car suggest that to the onlooker, you know? I feel that a lot of cars are going neutral."
When we brought up the subject of the Mustang Mach-E's long ICE car-style hood, Anscheidt remarked, "Maybe you don't need to be stuck so much in this kinda retro, you know, excuse my French, this penis extension in front of the car. But at the same time, it's also a mistake to completely throw all of this visual agreement worldwide of what makes a car look sexy just for the sake of changing something."
"I don't like pretending that there is an engine in there and then it's not. It's kind of silly. But that's exactly the job of a chief designer. To find that calibration in order not to lose the customer and just be happy with your own work," he added
In short, it would be great if auto designers were more creative and moved away from the phallic designs that came out of having to accommodate big, gas-guzzling V8s up front. But, at this point, customers know what they like and sometimes what they like is indeed a big ol' [REDACTED].

The article in question.

I found it an interesting perspective as I don't know if any ev design is actually progressive and takes advantage of the new layout architecture.
If I were a Sigmund Freud student I would suggest that guy has problems and insecurities in bed. But since I'm not a Sigmund Freud student I won't say anything.

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3 & i3s, Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I actually understand his point. Without a gas engine up front, electric cars DON’T have to like like gas powered ones.
an engine has not been in the front of a buggatti or other hyper-car for a long time now, so whats that he is saying about freedom to redesign the front on an EV. Go do it on your stupid tin-can first and show us how it is done, stupid buggatti brat.

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mache E Premium
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
I could be wrong, but my guess is BEV are already so much more expensive than ICE cars right now, that adding or spending money on new body designs and stuff, adds too much cost to them for the average user. If you want a hypercar and can afford a hyper car, go for the hypercar, but at the end of the day, most of us need a reasonably priced vehicle to get our wives that pumpkin spice latte saturday morning, or take your kids to the doctor to get that Lego out of their nose.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Lol……Ask him what Bugatti would look like or if they would even exist without VW and now Rimac & Porsche as it’s primary owners.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ford made a design choice that had absolutely nothing to do with safety (more crumple room). The original Mach-E design was Tesla Model Y-like in that it was cab-forward to maximize interior volume with a low, sloping hood. It wasn't until they realized it wasn't a breakout design that they decided to incorporate signature Mustang design elements - which included a long front hood with front wheels pushed toward the bumper. They accomplished this by pulling the A-pillar rearward in order to accommodate a long, flat, tall front hood and vertical grille. In fact, the distance from the firewall and front passenger to the front bumper didn't change in the re-design. It's a styling choice.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bugatti's design boss says MME looks like male genitalia...... 9EC2AB82-BF8D-44F8-8F7A-2F344D6E2631

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bugatti's design boss says MME looks like male genitalia...... 9EC2AB82-BF8D-44F8-8F7A-2F344D6E2631
And think most of us are happy the Mach E looks nothing like that.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
That's fine Mr. Bugatti. I happen to like my penis. Both the one I drive and the one I carry around

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Looking at some historic Bugatti designs, they would know penis shaped when they see it.

By the way speaking of MME design cues, I parked next to a Maserati Levante the other day and I'll be damned if the general lines and details of the Mas was not similar to the Mustang. The MME looked better overall to me, but I have always loved that Trident logo...

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Shrink our hood and we look like a minivan.

I prefer looking like a sporty station wagon thank you.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
I think it is good to have some male and masculine design of cars, things for the past 1-2 car design generations of overall styles have been very feminine.

Take the current (new) generation Infiniti QX60 vs the one it replaced, it is a complete swap from feminine to masculine.
Sponsored