JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
My MMe was built on 11/13. I was was hopeful I could still get the 2020 tax credit (would have helped take the sting out of paying MSRP & the First Edition $).
The good/bad news is the dealership emailed today and said my MMe should be delivered to the dealership by 1/12. Too late for a 2020 tax credit, but still one of the first in the Detroit metro area.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My MMe was built on 11/13. I was was hopeful I could still get the 2020 tax credit (would have helped take the sting out of paying MSRP & the First Edition $).
The good/bad news is the dealership emailed today and said my MMe should be delivered to the dealership by 1/12. Too late for a 2020 tax credit, but still one of the first in the Detroit metro area.
Maybe: Note that the one that was delivered in Dallas today was built on 12/17 (hmm same date mine was built) and its tracking says it wouldn't be delivered until 2/13 and yet was delivered today....

Who knows how everything is going to sort out.
Here is the post with all that info.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
The year of your tax credit should not matter. You can adjust your withholding so that you will see more in your paycheck if you want to do that.

Reactions: JSW
OP
OP
JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
If given a choice between receiving $7,500 in April of 2021 or April of 2022, no rational person would defer receipt for a year. The time value of money ALWAYS matters (which is why I already manage withholdings to minimize the Service’s access to my money, without incurring penalties).

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The year of your tax credit should not matter. You can adjust your withholding so that you will see more in your paycheck if you want to do that.
For state and local energy credits it does. Some are only valid for 2020 and expire (or reduced) in 2021+. Federal credit, yes it doesn't matter except for the time.
Sponsored

Reactions: JSW