Build Finally Scheduled for Week of 12/19/22 -- how long after is delivery?

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So I logged in to Ford.com this morning and saw my build was finally scheduled for the week of 12/19/2022 (having ordered on March 30, 2022 and then updating the order in September 2022 for 2023 Model Year).

Once the vehicle is built what is the typical time between build and delivery? I am not at all optimistic about the 2022 tax credit -- thinking I will get whatever tax credit 2023 entails.
Sponsored

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
seems like midwest/east/south is 1-2 months
west 1.5-3 months

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
So I logged in to Ford.com this morning and saw my build was finally scheduled for the week of 12/19/2022 (having ordered on March 30, 2022 and then updating the order in September 2022 for 2023 Model Year).

Once the vehicle is built what is the typical time between build and delivery? I am not at all optimistic about the 2022 tax credit -- thinking I will get whatever tax credit 2023 entails.
FYI -
My build was the week of Dec 19th & Ford confirms that it was built the 22nd. Since that notification - RADIO SILENCE! ZERO!
It's been over a month and all I get is "It was built on Dec 22nd and is awaiting shipment"
Have you heard anything?

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I keep getting emails from Ford saying that
FYI -
My build was the week of Dec 19th & Ford confirms that it was built the 22nd. Since that notification - RADIO SILENCE! ZERO!
It's been over a month and all I get is "It was built on Dec 22nd and is awaiting shipment"
Have you heard anything?
I keep getting these emails from Ford....

Thank you again for your Mustang Mach-E Select order. We wanted to let you know that we are still up against supply chain challenges, which are causing delays with getting your vehicle into production. While we understand how frustrated you may be (we are too), rest assured, our team is working diligently and aggressively to get you behind the wheel.

We know how much anticipation there is when it comes to getting a new Ford, so we will continue to keep you updated. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience and remain grateful for your patience and understanding.
Last one sent on January 1st. Personally, I am good with the delay right now. I am hoping the stock market swings back up a little so I can better afford the vehicle (many of the investments that I was going to sell to purchase it are near 52-week lows) **and** because I really need the US Government to reclassify the Mustang Mach-E as an SUV based on its cargo space -- currently, it is priced out of the tax credit for exceeding the $55K MSRP limit (something about it not having enough ground clearance to qualify as an SUV). So financially, the car may not make sense for me anymore and if it showed up tomorrow, then I would decline delivery and just get my $500 back.

What's more is that when I ordered it the plan was for my daughter to be driving my Nissan Leaf, but she has only put in a few hours on her learner's permit and is likely months away from getting her drivers license. So buying the Mach-E would be 98% "want" and 2% "need" -- only practical advantage right now would be the longer electric range and comfortable seating for five (unlike the Leaf which really only comfortably fits four). I could buy it and sell the Leaf to make it less of a financial sting, but that was not our plan when we ordered it.

I still look at them on the road and my heart aches for one though.

Last edited:

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those emails come every 45 days. Hopefully yours will be shipped before the Feb 14th email..
I hear and feel you about the tax credit. I'm in the same boat, but i really want the car. I got rid of a 2019 BMW 540i & a 2022 VW Taos anticipating this car coming sooner! It's a good thing I got rid of those cars when I did as the used car market goes lower every day! I still have my wifes 2019 Volvo xc60, but I have been driving my Mom's 2012 Prius! HOPEFULLY for not much longer...

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Those emails come every 45 days. Hopefully yours will be shipped before the Feb 14th email..
I hear and feel you about the tax credit. I'm in the same boat, but i really want the car. I got rid of a 2019 BMW 540i & a 2022 VW Taos anticipating this car coming sooner! It's a good thing I got rid of those cars when I did as the used car market goes lower every day! I still have my wifes 2019 Volvo xc60, but I have been driving my Mom's 2012 Prius! HOPEFULLY for not much longer...
Oddly, I could SWEAR that I used to be able to view VIN number in my order on Ford's website once it was scheduled for production. But the VIN number is no longer displayed.

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oddly, I could SWEAR that I used to be able to view VIN number in my order on Ford's website once it was scheduled for production. But the VIN number is no longer displayed.
If you call Ford at 800-392-3673 they can give it to you

Cdrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023PremiumAWD
Occupation
Sales Executive
Country flag
Same issue, and apparently I did not screenshot the vin#. I ordered in march of 2022 and feeling frustrated still waiting, while 70 other mme premiums ship to nearby lots.

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I am told that I will get $6,500 at time of purchase. I am getting a Prem AWD SR
Ford just gave me a certificate number for the 2022 transitional offer, but would not tell me the amount. I would rather hear the pricing details from Ford before going to the dealer. Did Ford tell you $6500 or was that the dealer?

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford just gave me a certificate number for the 2022 transitional offer, but would not tell me the amount. I would rather hear the pricing details from Ford before going to the dealer. Did Ford tell you $6500 or was that the dealer?
Ford told me that it was $6,500
Try calling again. Maybe a different rep will confirm the info.
The dealer confirmed (on Wednesday) that the $6,500 will simply be taken off the price.

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
My dealer confirmed mine was $6,500

That said, The dealer told me today that he was not sure how ford was going to handle the private offers and the new price reductions. He was waiting on clarification as he was checking to see why my car is still in production since 12/19/22/

Last edited:

ctrlaultdel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman, Audi S4, Miata, Future MachE
Country flag
I am also build week 12/19/22. Below is a post about the Mexico plant stating it was closed due to remodel so they can ramp up production. Since we were at the end of the year, I wonder if our cars didn't get finished before the holiday break and then subsequent remodel and that's why we have been stuck in production all this time. hopefully our cars will start shipping now.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-production-in-mexico-for-january-2023.25768/

parasandtobi

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Yeah shipping is a blackhole. Mine was built on 12/02/2021 but it didn't get here until 02/18/2022.
Sponsored