Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone gotten notification from your dealer about production for your cars having started? I just had a call from mine, who said that my car is being built right now, that it actually started yesterday, with an ETA of 12-3. I told him that I was quite surprised, as my build week is supposedly 11-29. He said he was also surprised. I then asked if that could be a demo car, to which he said no, they have two coming and that they should arrive before the end of November. My online build date has not changed, so I am rather doubtful. I'm hoping that he is wrong because I need more time to decide! This was out of the blue. I haven't spoken with them since July when I inquired about order details. If nobody else is getting calls like this then I can be assured that it's probably just another confused dealer.
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Has anyone gotten notification from your dealer about production for your cars having started? I just had a call from mine, who said that my car is being built right now, that it actually started yesterday, with an ETA of 12-3. I told him that I was quite surprised, as my build week is supposedly 11-29. He said he was also surprised. I then asked if that could be a demo car, to which he said no, they have two coming and that they should arrive before the end of November. My online build date has not changed, so I am rather doubtful. I'm hoping that he is wrong because I need more time to decide! This was out of the blue. I haven't spoken with them since July when I inquired about order details. If nobody else is getting calls like this then I can be assured that it's probably just another confused dealer.
That ETA doesn't allow for a lot of time between OKTB and delivery. Only 10 days.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Was talking with my dealer last night and he said his demo has completed the Body and Trim stages and currently shows as "Produced" status and has been that way for some time so he is expecting it any day.

He isnt aware or ever heard of OKTB I dont think....

My car is scheduled to begin assembly next Thursday but he noticed that cars are going early from what he can see so he was going to check my status today when he gets some time. I will post back if there is any movement on my dates.....maybe even with a screenshot if I can get one. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So, I do have some screenshots but it says Ford Motor Company Confidential so I probably shouldn't post the images here. But I can share the data. :)

So, I have something called FULL HISTORY for both vehicles. The dealer FCTP car and my FE. The demo car has a VIN serial number that is 50 cars before mine yet that car is already produced. To me this validates the comments that cars are not assembled in VIN sequence or even close. The fact that I was able to deduce an average production rate of 900 per week based on the VIN numbers posted here appears to be a coincidence.

And yes. My build date has moved up. Was Nov 19th and is now the 17th. It's interesting to compare the information shown on my dealer's demo car which is finished and presumably sitting in the parking lot to my car which is probably in the body stacker waiting for paint right now.

The STATUS lines are separated into PRIMARY and SECONDARY.
PRIMARY includes "IN ORDER PROCESSING" and "IN PRODUCTION" and probably "SHIPPING/DELIVERY". That last part is just a guess because nothing is shown there yet for either vehicle.
SECONDARY is (in order):
  1. Unscheduled-Clean (which means there are no errors and the order can proceed to scheduling.)
  2. Scheduled to Week
  3. Scheduled to Day
  4. Sent to Plant
  5. Body Shop
  6. Trim Line
  7. Produced
  8. ????(shipped)???? Again....not sure on this last one....just guessing because it's blank right now.
There are other columns for Vehicle Location, Status Date/Time and ETA (Start, End, ETA Disposition). The Status Date/Time is when the information was entered into the scheduling system and will be the dates listed for each line item in the tables below. I will leave out the times for simplicity.... For both cars, the ETA categories are TBD or N/A. Not sure what that is about...

For the demo car.
  • Unscheduled-Clean Aug 08, 2020
  • Scheduled to Week (Week-of-Oct 26th 2020) Aug 20, 2020
  • Scheduled to Day (Oct-30-2020) Aug 27, 2020
  • Sent to Plant Oct 14, 2020
  • Body Shop Oct 27, 2020
  • Trim Line Oct 28, 2020
  • Produced Oct 30, 2020
For my car
  • Unscheduled-Clean Aug 14, 2020
  • Scheduled to Week (Week of Nov-16-2020) Aug 20, 2020
  • Scheduled to Day (Nov-17-2020) Sept 28, 2020
  • Sent to Plant Nov 09, 2020
This tells me Sent to Plant is when the tickets are created to start building the body where it gets stacked. For the demo car...that was the time in between MP1 and MP2 so the bodies might have been made and stacked to wait for approval for MP2. Pretty amazing they had all that scheduled back in Aug for the demo car....(just saying...)
The Body shop is probably where it gets prepared and painted. That process appears to take a whole day......which is amazing because I have painted cars before and I spend weeks preparing. The painting is the easiest part but the prep work is where the quality is built in. You can't add in paint quality later if the prep isn't done perfectly before hand.
Trim takes another day looks like.
The marriage and final assembly are the last day and it goes to "Produced" status.

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So, I do have some screenshots but it says Ford Motor Company Confidential so I probably shouldn't post the images here. But I can share the data. :)

So, I have something called FULL HISTORY for both vehicles. The dealer FCTP car and my FE. The demo car has a VIN serial number that is 50 cars before mine yet that car is already produced. To me this validates the comments that cars are not assembled in VIN sequence or even close. The fact that I was able to deduce an average production rate of 900 per week based on the VIN numbers posted here appears to be a coincidence.

And yes. My build date has moved up. Was Nov 19th and is now the 17th. It's interesting to compare the information shown on my dealer's demo car which is finished and presumably sitting in the parking lot to my car which is probably in the body stacker waiting for paint right now.

The STATUS lines are separated into PRIMARY and SECONDARY.
PRIMARY includes "IN ORDER PROCESSING" and "IN PRODUCTION" and probably "SHIPPING/DELIVERY". That last part is just a guess because nothing is shown there yet for either vehicle.
SECONDARY is (in order):
  1. Unscheduled-Clean (which means there are no errors and the order can proceed to scheduling.)
  2. Scheduled to Week
  3. Scheduled to Day
  4. Sent to Plant
  5. Body Shop
  6. Trim Line
  7. Produced
  8. ????(shipped)???? Again....not sure on this last one....just guessing because it's blank right now.
There are other columns for Vehicle Location, Status Date/Time and ETA (Start, End, ETA Disposition). The Status Date/Time is when the information was entered into the scheduling system and will be the dates listed for each line item in the tables below. I will leave out the times for simplicity.... For both cars, the ETA categories are TBD or N/A. Not sure what that is about...

For the demo car.
  • Unscheduled-Clean Aug 08, 2020
  • Scheduled to Week (Week-of-Oct 26th 2020) Aug 20, 2020
  • Scheduled to Day (Oct-30-2020) Aug 27, 2020
  • Sent to Plant Oct 14, 2020
  • Body Shop Oct 27, 2020
  • Trim Line Oct 28, 2020
  • Produced Oct 30, 2020
For my car
  • Unscheduled-Clean Aug 14, 2020
  • Scheduled to Week (Week of Nov-16-2020) Aug 20, 2020
  • Scheduled to Day (Nov-17-2020) Sept 28, 2020
  • Sent to Plant Nov 09, 2020
This tells me Sent to Plant is when the tickets are created to start building the body where it gets stacked. For the demo car...that was the time in between MP1 and MP2 so the bodies might have been made and stacked to wait for approval for MP2. Pretty amazing they had all that scheduled back in Aug for the demo car....(just saying...)
The Body shop is probably where it gets prepared and painted. That process appears to take a whole day......which is amazing because I have painted cars before and I spend weeks preparing. The painting is the easiest part but the prep work is where the quality is built in. You can't add in paint quality later if the prep isn't done perfectly before hand.
Trim takes another day looks like.
The marriage and final assembly are the last day and it goes to "Produced" status.
I agree, the full history is very interesting to read. I exported the full history of my order into Excel. Will be exciting to watch the status updates as we get closer to the build date.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I agree, the full history is very interesting to read. I exported the full history of my order into Excel. Will be exciting to watch the status updates as we get closer to the build date.
Do you have any idea what the ETA section means? There are entries for each step, and some steps are completed, heck one car is done yet the Start and End fields contain "TBD" down the board. The last column (ETA Disposition) says "N/A" for each step.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Do you have any idea what the ETA section means? There are entries for each step, and some steps are completed, heck one car is done yet the Start and End fields contain "TBD" down the board. The last column (ETA Disposition) says "N/A" for each step.
If you are asking about the ETA section from the Status History tab, I'm not sure at this point either. I also looked up a Mach-E that has been produced already and confirmed what you are seeing. I find the info on the Order Change History tab to be more informative.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
If you are asking about the ETA section from the Status History tab, I'm not sure at this point either. I also looked up a Mach-E that has been produced already and confirmed what you are seeing. I find the info on the Order Change History tab to be more informative.
you know if you accidentally leaked an Internet-accessible URL and some credentials, I'm sure none of us would tell - it would be our secret.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Building now? 1605145566090

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
We did hear a limited number of customer cars were being moved up for 12/7 delivery.
Sponsored