Built in NAV, and Podcast from phone at same time?

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Does anyone know if it will be possible to use the built in navigation and use a podcast/music source on an iPhone at the same time via Apple CarPlay?

From what I’ve seen so far the navigation on the Sync4 looks pretty impressive. But 99% of the time I listen to podcasts from my iPhone.

In my current vehicle, the audio being played is either external Bluetooth or built in Entertainment Center. It can’t do both.
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Does anyone know if it will be possible to use the built in navigation and use a podcast/music source on an iPhone at the same time via Apple CarPlay?

From what I’ve seen so far the navigation on the Sync4 looks pretty impressive. But 99% of the time I listen to podcasts from my iPhone.

In my current vehicle, the audio being played is either external Bluetooth or built in Entertainment Center. It can’t do both.
You can listen to podcasts from your phone and use the built in navigation in my wife’s Fusion Energi with Sync 3. But once you are using the built in Nav you aren’t using CarPlay. In my Escape I use Waze and the podcast app both on CarPlay.

OP
OP

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Thanks. So in your wife’s Fusion, she can use the built in NAV and Bluetooth audio from her phone at the same time?

That’s the result I’m looking for.
I don’t have to use CarPlay for audio, as long as Bluetooth streaming will work.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Thanks. So in your wife’s Fusion, she can use the built in NAV and Bluetooth audio from her phone at the same time?

I don’t have to use CarPlay for audio, as long as Bluetooth streaming will work.
That works fine in Synch 3. I actually love having the Ford nav on, listen to iPhone and run Waze on iPhone For a second opinion.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Yup. Just tried it to make sure. Works fine.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What I would like to see on that big screen is Waze and the Ford nav app side by side so I can find charging and police.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’ve been living on Hawaii Island far too long. I actually had to stop and think about what the heck Waze was. Yeah almost no traffic here, it’s not Honolulu.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ve been living on Hawaii Island far too long. I actually had to stop and think about what the heck Waze was. Yeah almost no traffic here, it’s not Honolulu.
What do you mean, you've got 19 through Waimea in the afternoons ;)
Sponsored