But Tesla has so many more chargers and Mach-E's charging stinks...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E But Tesla has so many more chargers and Mach-E's charging stinks... Tesla running out of juice.PNG
Sponsored

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
To be fair, Tesla has superchargers 60-70 miles away from Tahoe from all directions on the major highways, and one station in Tahoe. Not to mention many destination chargers along the way if someone is in a pinch. Without knowing the story, I'm comfortable saying this is on the driver, not Tesla. It could have even happened (gasp) to an MME owner.

Ford Mustang Mach-E But Tesla has so many more chargers and Mach-E's charging stinks... Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 9.03.52 AM

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be fair, Tesla has superchargers 60-70 miles away from Tahoe from all directions on the major highways, and one station in Tahoe. Not to mention many destination chargers along the way if someone is in a pinch. Without knowing the story, I'm comfortable saying this is on the driver, not Tesla. It could have even happened (gasp) to an MME owner.
Nope, not possible. Tesla fanboys keep crowing about chargers and never having an issue... ;)

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Nope, not possible. Tesla fanboys keep crowing about chargers and never having an issue... ;)
Fair you got me. Tesla should automatically override the driver and fully autonomously drive to a Supercharger and plug itself in. Because FSD is fully ready for prime time.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fair you got me. Tesla should automatically override the driver and fully autonomously drive to a Supercharger and plug itself in. Because FSD is fully ready for prime time.
See! You get it!

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well done you two. You’re making me chuckle while sipping my morning coffee.

Or perhaps I’m just easily amused. :)
No, no. It's the quality of the humor, first rate!

Thank you ladies and germs, I'm here all month!

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
A read a rant piece recently in the Sunday Times where the author (the Restaurant critic) was done with his Jag iPace. The last straw for him was on New Years eve when the car "abandoned" their young family a mile from home, and the were forced to walk the rest of the way. I can only assume they too ran out of juice, but somehow this was the iPace's fault. It was always the car's fault.

He did not get into the exact circumstances surrounding their predicament, but it didn't sound like he had stopped at 5 DCFC chargers in a row, every one of them broken, and tried to chance it home.

Nope, this one's on you pal.

He's selling the iPace.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I swore they already working on that tech. lol.... Didn't you see the info AD about the no touch charging cable or the wireless charging pad in China. Are you out of the loop...

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Well at least you stay in business with the Tesla owners buying stuff while waiting to charge lol....
I’m actually one of the fuel haulers. Imagine my buddies eating a Donut while watching another Tesla brought in…

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
This really isn’t funny when it happens to you. I was in this situation with my Mach-e. Numerous chargers from chargepoint, EV go etc were all down for various reasons. Reasons like no cell coverage, connectors broken from extreme cold, chargers on hills of snow etc.

I’ll never bring an electric car to Lake Tahoe again. This is one case where a ICE car excels when resources are scarce.
Sponsored