clw7777

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
Has anyone seen some sort of button cover for the E-Brake and Hazard Light Parking button trio on the center console? My dog has become the master of pushing these buttons and it's driving me nuts. She's especially good at hitting the hazards, the others don't seem to kick on unless the car is at a stand still. but the other day, she must have hit the button on the way out of the car at the vet and I didn't notice so i came out 2 hours later to my car lit up like a christmas tree. I've become "that" crazy person.

Somehow I had one of my other dogs put the car in reverse going 70 mph down the highway. Luckily i just get a warning that it'll shift gears when we reach a low enough speed. (still don't know how she managed that one)

I'm thinking I need some sort of flippy cover thing like you see in the movies over the missile launch toggles.
If no one's seen one, i might have to start trying to design something to 3d print.

Is this a common problem or are my animals just "special" ???
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
LOL
You are not alone
My pooch Routinely goes emergency flasher. I am convinced he is now doing it to get my Pavlovian response?

Even worse my cat that goes for rides likes to mess with the touchscreen. I have a protector over it or she wouldā€™ve punctured it already. She can't open the frunk either. Lol

Jes sayin. If you build it I want one

OP
OP

clw7777

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
LOL
You are not alone
My pooch Routinely goes emergency flasher. I am convinced he is now doing it to get my Pavlovian response?

Even worse my cat that goes for rides likes to mess with the touchscreen. I have a protector over it or she wouldā€™ve punctured it already. She can't open the frunk either. Lol

Jes sayin. If you build it I want one
My cat goes for rides also, but he hasn't discovered the touch screen. He's fascinated by the windshield wipers. I turn them on just to watch him jump out of his skin when he least expects them.

I have to say- the button placement is my biggest gripe with this car. Whoever designed them obviously had a well behaved animal if at all.

Evan

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium (Extended Range)
Country flag
Have you created one? Would buy one if you did

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Maybe @AOSK can make one. I would buy one. My Jack Russell has that magic touch also.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
A pooch properly secured in the backseat couldnā€™t reach the console controls or the touchscreen. They would be less likely to be injured or ejected from the car if a crash occurs.

DE15DB52-36FB-4753-9A7C-4B7B9571A98E.jpeg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My previous dog used to hit the fuel door button in my Fusion Energi just to get a response out of me. Then he would laugh. šŸ¤£šŸ©

My current dog sometimes eyeballs the hazard flasher button. He has hit it a few times but when he eyeballs it I tell him ā€œyou better not.ā€ Then he sulks. šŸ˜±šŸ©

OP
OP

clw7777

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
A pooch properly secured in the backseat couldnā€™t reach the console controls or the touchscreen. They would be less likely to be injured or ejected from the car if a crash occurs.
my beagle would dislocate her arms to get out of these she hated them so much. She just lays down in the backseat and chills now.

it's also the cat that likes to push buttons so it's not just a dog problem. right now my corgi has figured out how to push the climate control buttons with her nose...

biggest problem is getting in and out of the car though- they cross the console to follow me out and hit the button and i don't realize it. I came out of the vet one day after being in there for an hour and a half to find my car flashers going like it was having it's own little parade in the parking lot.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have one of those "dog hammocks" in the back of my car, and it does a pretty good job of keeping my dog in the backseat when I get out; at least it holds her long enough for me to open the back door. It also prevents her from standing on (and scratching up) the armrest. I have a harness and seat belt for her also, but she too has a fit being strapped in.

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
Also interested in this one. Anybody find a solution yet?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also interested in this one. Anybody find a solution yet?
Yes - I told my wife next time she presses it she canā€™t ride with me anymore! (I doubt it will work but the button is right next to the cup holder)

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
My pooch also hits the flashers on the regular. Heā€™s in a harness and clipped into the seatbelt system but has just enough play to reach the flashers. Heā€™s too small to activate the airbags. Iā€™m not going to tell him he has to sit in the back! Hybrid2bev, you are welcome to come tell him. PS. Heā€™s almost 15 so I feel like heā€™s earned shotgun.
Sponsored