smalas

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ExRWD (DMG), Subaru Outback
Country flag
Hi MachE Forum, I saw a Dealer Demo come available at a dealer not to far away and called them. They're currently getting back to me on pricing, mileage, maintenance and all of that. Other than being unable to redeem the Tax Credit is there anything else I should worry about keep in mind?
Sponsored

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
I bought a dealer demo from Franklin Ford here in Ma. it had a bit over 4k miles on it. Because I was not able to claim the 7500.00 tax credit they took it off the price of the car. Be aware (not claiming any deception on the dealer) the car was sold as new from the dealer, however the title (paid in full) says it's used. just go in with your eyes open make them discount the car the 7500. and be happy. I am..

OP
OP

smalas

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ExRWD (DMG), Subaru Outback
Country flag
I bought a dealer demo from Franklin Ford here in Ma. it had a bit over 4k miles on it. Because I was not able to claim the 7500.00 tax credit they took it off the price of the car. Be aware (not claiming any deception on the dealer) the car was sold as new from the dealer, however the title (paid in full) says it's used. just go in with your eyes open make them discount the car the 7500. and be happy. I am..
Yep my thinking exactly! Anything else you wanted to know before you got the car?

BleedBlue75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Star White
Country flag
I've seen a number of dealers add ADM even to their demo models, which is crazy to me!! So look out for that. If they did not title the vehicle, you can usually still claim the tax credit (this is a very state-specific question, as some states require the dealer to title and register the demo model). Also, Ford does allow some leeway on the warranty start-date for demo models, so inquire about that.

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
Yep my thinking exactly! Anything else you wanted to know before you got the car?
Really look at the car without the new car lust... mine had the PAAK recall but they were scared to fix it...said that some cars were bricking and to wait till the process was more known ( I can buy that) but what I did not see was a misalignment on the rear hatch. Wareham Ford fixed the hatch and recall in mid Sept and all is good now...other than that take a good look at the fit and finish have them fix the flaws. Good luck..

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
I bought a dealer demo with 4000 miles on it. When titled it says new vehicle. If the dealer did not title it then you should be able to title as new and get the rebate. On warranty, mine started when the dealer got the car. We went back to ford and they would not change on that issue. I did get a second key fob for free and no dealer markup. I now have 6000 + miles and no problems so far.
Sponsored