Buying a MME before 12/31/21 without an order and ADM - Mission Impossible 2021?

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Hey there,
As the title notes I'm looking for a MME, almost any MME (probably not a maxed out Premium, but I would gladly take a Select or CA Rt. 1) for purchase before the end of the calendar year and without a dealer markup (or maybe $1-2k). Is this at all possible? So far, dealers I have called in CA have not stock on lot and are either prioritizing customers with existing orders for cancellations (makes sense) or adding wild markups (just heard $6,995 from a Bay Area dealer on a Select AWD). Let me know if this a futile quest or not. I am going to put in an order or two to hedge my best to get a car sometime in 2022.
Sponsored

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Anything is possible, boils down to how much time/$$ do you have to waste? I just checked my area and there are 3 "Premiums" close to me. All are Special Orders so I assume, are spoken for already.

Selects tend to be very common. I now see a ribbon that some are "Dealer Ordered" so you can try to strike a deal on those, but if there is $$ on the table, I assume most dealers will want more than $1k-$2k if people are paying more to not have to wait.

Boils down to how many MME are on a dealer's lot and probably an individual dealer's quarter/year sales numbers. They maybe more willing to deal if they need to hit some sales quota. If there are more MME just sitting, they maybe willing to deal. Just seems like a lot of "work" from watching folks here try it and not worth the hassle for me.

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
maybe try a nearby state like nevada or Arizona?

chuchutrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Not impossible but you probably have to look outside of CA if you want less than $5k markup.

I kept checking Autotrader and I found my select rwd from a Texas dealer and had it shipped. They didn't charge markup and even honored x plan. Whole process took like 2 and a half weeks.

Shipping the car was pretty straight forward and the registration part isn't too bad if your dealer knows what they're doing.

Overall you pay extra for shipping ($800 for me) and miss out on the $750 CA dealer rebate (maybe the $2k CVRP, I really hope not). If you can find a dealer that takes x plan then it still comes out much cheaper than any CA markup I've seen.

joebu8453

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Not impossible but you probably have to look outside of CA if you want less than $5k markup.

I kept checking Autotrader and I found my select rwd from a Texas dealer and had it shipped. They didn't charge markup and even honored x plan. Whole process took like 2 and a half weeks.

Shipping the car was pretty straight forward and the registration part isn't too bad if your dealer knows what they're doing.

Overall you pay extra for shipping ($800 for me) and miss out on the $750 CA dealer rebate (maybe the $2k CVRP, I really hope not). If you can find a dealer that takes x plan then it still comes out much cheaper than any CA markup I've seen.
Walnut Creek Ford does X-plan pricing and they don’t add dealer markup. I had to wait for mine though, so it’s unlikely they have any on the lot.

OP
OP
Bayviews88

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Thanks. I have a lead with Ford Store Morgan Hill for an incoming Select without ADM scheduled to arrive this month. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored