Buying Courtesy Mach-E Premium - does the 7500 come off the sales price or post tax?

QED411

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Am looking to buy a courtesy Mach-e with 2500 miles on it. Slightly at/below MSRP at 50K. Dealer has claimed 7500 but is offering to give this as a rebate. My question is - does this 7500 come off the sale price or after tax?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Am looking to buy a courtesy Mach-e with 2500 miles on it. Slightly at/below MSRP at 50K. Dealer has claimed 7500 but is offering to give this as a rebate. My question is - does this 7500 come off the sale price or after tax?
After tax. Rebates are applied after sales tax has already been calculated. Sales tax is usually based off of the cash selling price (before the rebates/cash/trade equity are applied as a down payment).

OP
OP

QED411

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
After tax. Rebates are applied after sales tax has already been calculated. Sales tax is usually based off of the cash selling price (before the rebates/cash/trade equity are applied as a down payment).
Great - thanks for clarifying - this is a little unusual so wanted to ask you all. That is what they are doing - applying the 7500 rebate to the after tax price to reduce the financing amount.

friendswithdave

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf, 2021 MME Rt 1 on order
Country flag
If this is an extended range premium at 50k and a $7500 rebate, jump on that quickly before someone else grabs it. If you don't buy it, I might.

OP
OP

QED411

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
If this is an extended range premium at 50k and a $7500 rebate, jump on that quickly before someone else grabs it. If you don't buy it, I might.
I wish that was the case.
Sponsored