Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Give me the M4 Comp with the GTPE front end grafted on and I’m good ?. I couldn’t look at the M4 front if I owned it, and I’m not exaggerating.

Seriously, I’m disgusted with BMW’s pandering to the Chinese market and it’s affinity for monstrous grilles. Just horrible. Just eat the cost and have a Chinese market specific grille and let the rest of us enjoy our front ends.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well they tried to be somewhat objective to give people the option to debate online.

It’s not even a real article, just clickbait to get people talking. No need to tell them it’s an absurd comparison, that’s why they posted it.
They would have been better off comparing the X3 M to the GTPE if they wanted to do this.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
The answer to their question is “yes”. ? Those are tools for two very different jobs.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They would have been better off comparing the X3 M to the GTPE if they wanted to do this.
No, because X3M vs GTPE would actually be a normal comparison. In fact more than a few people here mentioned cross shopping the two.

Haven’t heard a single person mention the M4 here.

• Haha
Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
No, because X3M vs GTPE would actually be a normal comparison. In fact more than a few people here mentioned cross shopping the two.

Yup, the only people legitimately interested in the M4 and cross-shopping a Ford were looking at the GT350 (RIP).

Stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Ext
Country flag
Seriously, I’m disgusted with BMW’s pandering to the Chinese market and it’s affinity for monstrous grilles. Just horrible. Just eat the cost and have a Chinese market specific grille and let the rest of us enjoy our front ends.
The Mach-E is my 1st non-BMW in nearly 20 years. I couldn't agree more about the oversized kidney grills.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If I preferred the beemer m4 that’s what I would have bought!
How could they compare these two cars! Duhh….they must have meant this question to be asked to non-owners.

I don’t like the bmw dual oversized grills either. What they fail to realize is a lot of Mach e owners have owned higher end cars like the Porsches, Beemers, and chose the mustang mme because it’s the best ecar out right now. Price certainly is not why we chose it.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
How can I get one of these babies on my electric Mustang?

Ford Mustang Mach-E C&D: Would You Rather: BMW M4 Competition or Ford Mustang Mach-E GT? 1638156152045

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I preferred the beemer m4 that’s what I would have bought!
How could they compare these two cars! Duhh….they must have meant this question to be asked to non-owners.

I don’t like the bmw dual oversized grills either. What they fail to realize is a lot of Mach e owners have owned higher end cars like the Porsches, Beemers, and chose the mustang mme because it’s the best ecar out right now. Price certainly is not why we chose it.
I think if you call it a “beemer” they won’t let you buy one anyways. ?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag

I would have bought an M4 instead of my GTPE but the BMW dealership wanted 10k over MSRP (total of 100k) for the one they had on their lot.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It’s not even a real article, just clickbait to get people talking. No need to tell them it’s an absurd comparison, that’s why they posted it.
Agreed; I knew better but I read the article anyway. I have no idea why they would compare these two cars. Completely different experiences and these cars aren't even competing against each other. I saw the @OutofSpecKyle review of the M440i, and it looks like a fantastic car, except it doesn't do a good job of holding onto the key fob when left of the roof :). If I was still in the market for an ICE vehicle, I'd be all over that car.

The 2022 BMW M440i Gran Coupe Is The Best Modern BMW! Wonderfully Dynamic & Crazy Efficient - YouTube

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I would have bought an M4 instead of my GTPE but the BMW dealership wanted 10k over MSRP (total of 100k) for the one they had on their lot.
I had the m3/m4 down as an alternative due to manual transmission :) and similar ball park price had the GTPE not lived up to my commuting & grocery getting requirements and wanting an EV, but local dealers all had stupid mark ups and most being competition trim so very few manuals :( so even if the GTPE was not what I wanted and I instead wanted a true performance vehicle I may waited until the ADM had died down next year however at that point I would have probably gone i4 m50, as had it been a guarantee that I could have got an i4 m50 by the end of this year I would have walked away from the GTPE even with it meeting my requirements and got that in its place.
Sponsored