James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Government
Country flag
So I ordered a 2022 Mach E this past weekend and today I went on the CARB website and noticed that the 2022 model year isn't eligible for HOV stickers. 2021 models are eligible, but not 2022's.

I reached out to CARB and I googled the subject, but I don't expect to hear from CARB that quickly and there was nothing on the web about the subject.

Anyone here know if the vehicle will become eligible or not?

thx.
Sponsored

Malacandra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, DMG
Occupation
Web Development Director
Country flag
They likely have no information about 2022 vehicles. No 2022 cars have been shipped, and probably the program hasn't been updated yet for 2022.
They list some 2022 models… those that have been out for a while. I suspect that they just need to update the website. There's absolutely no reason why the 2021 Mach-E would qualify but the 2022 wouldn't.

OP
OP

Presidio

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I kinda figured it was a timing issue. Since I have to wait 28+ plus weeks for delivery I have time to see how the state plays it out.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
i wonder what color the 2022 stickers will be.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I kinda figured it was a timing issue. Since I have to wait 28+ plus weeks for delivery I have time to see how the state plays it out.
And once you have the Mach E in your possession, you will only have to wait another 3 months for the HOV stickers from the DMV . . . . . . .

OP
OP

Presidio

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Government
Country flag
And once you have the Mach E in your possession, you will only have to wait another 3 months for the HOV stickers from the DMV . . . . . . .
I know that from personal experience. I bought a Bolt back in early June and it was 12 weeks from the day I mailed my check to the day I received my stickers. I keep telling myself that the DMV will catch up in the next 6 months but I don't believe myself. When I got a Volt over three years ago it seemed like the wait for the HOV stickers was a couple of weeks.

Any idea if during the build process I will know the VIN #? Because I was thinking if I get a VIN I might be able to apply for the stickers before delivery?

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
I know that from personal experience. I bought a Bolt back in early June and it was 12 weeks from the day I mailed my check to the day I received my stickers. I keep telling myself that the DMV will catch up in the next 6 months but I don't believe myself. When I got a Volt over three years ago it seemed like the wait for the HOV stickers was a couple of weeks.

Any idea if during the build process I will know the VIN #? Because I was thinking if I get a VIN I might be able to apply for the stickers before delivery?
Once you get a scheduled build week you might be able to get your VIN.

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Even if you have the VIN, which you should be able to get when production is scheduled, you will need to upload the Bill of Sale to get the stickers (and the CVRP money - $2k).

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
Once you get a scheduled build week you might be able to get your VIN.
https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/
I have been summoned! ;)

Don't worry, the Mach-E took a while to show up in time. Similar story happened to our 2021's. And that paperwork must be redone for each model year.

Ford has to submit certain notices to the DMV that certify the car's [lack of] emissions. To do that, certain tests need to happen to that model year, which must happen before customers arrive but after cars are built.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately even when this technologically advanced world there are still human beings that have to look at paperwork before things get entered I think those stickers are based on how many units are sold not the years they're sold in?

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Even if you have the VIN, which you should be able to get when production is scheduled, you will need to upload the Bill of Sale to get the stickers (and the CVRP money - $2k).
I needed the license plate/registration info as well.

Reactions: abr

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
My experience was different. When I briefly owned a Bolt, I had the dealer order the stickers when my car arrived on New Year's Eve, and had them arrive in ~2 weeks. That would have been 2016 - has the DMV slowed down that much in 5 years? Not that it would surprise me if it has...

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My experience was different. When I briefly owned a Bolt, I had the dealer order the stickers when my car arrived on New Year's Eve, and had them arrive in ~2 weeks. That would have been 2016 - has the DMV slowed down that much in 5 years? Not that it would surprise me if it has...
Yes, pre-covid, stickers arrived fairly quickly, especially when dealers took care of it . . . they would order from DMV when car arrived, sold or not.
In current conditions, it's about 3 months.
Sponsored