srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
Right now, the only Ford dealer in SF bay area is in Walnut Creek.

I don't see Serramonte Ford (Colma), Towne Ford (Redwood City), James Ford (Half Moon Bay), Sunnyvale Ford, Frontier Ford (Santa Clara), Capital Ford (San Jose), Fremont Ford, Livermore Ford, etc.

I hope they'll all join very soon.
I have sent a note to Towne Ford to see if they will be participating.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Time will tell but I am wondering how many Ford dealers will really take the initiative to register. After all, the folks who decided to the order the Mach E and are waiting for deliveries cannot switch to a registered dealer now. Sure, its useful for the dealer to register when there are stock cars in the parking lots but will need motivation and customer centric Ford dealerships to do this now. Perhaps it will help with non Mach E PHEV sales if the register sooner.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I have sent a note to Towne Ford to see if they will be participating.
I just received a reply from Towne Ford.

"We just were recently informed about this program and signed up today. We should be up on their system within a week."

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I can see why PG&E is discontinuing their $800 rebate, and assume like SCE this instant replaces that (cannot get both) should any of us be lucky enough to get their car before Dec 31st.

Reactions: abr

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not here in Illinois, very sad state

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I can see why PG&E is discontinuing their $800 rebate, and assume like SCE this instant replaces that (cannot get both) should any of us be lucky enough to get their car before Dec 31st.
PG&E website says the following if you click the "Apply" button for the $800 Clean Fuel Rebate. So @VegStang is correct that one cannot get both even if one gets their car by 12/31. See below (emphasis mine).

Attention:

The Clean Fuel Rebate program will be closing at the end of 2020. All applications are due by 11:59pm on December 31, 2020. Submitted applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Visit the Clean Fuel Rebate FAQ Section to review full eligibility criteria.

PG&E and other California electric utilities are teaming up with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to offer the California Clean Fuel Reward (CCFR), a point-of-sale incentive of up to $1,500 for the purchase or lease of any eligible new Battery Electric or Plug-in Hybrid vehicle from a participating automotive retailer. The incentive is available starting November 17, 2020.

PG&E customers are eligible for either the Clean Fuel Rebate or the California Clean Fuel Reward, but not both. Clean Fuel Rebate applications will be screened for eligibility and rejected if the CCFR was received at the time of purchase.

For more information on the California Clean Fuel Reward program please visit www.cleanfuelreward.com, email [email protected] or call 1-800-880-0320.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My dealer Encinitas Ford got back to me indicating that they already registered even before my email. Glad to hear they are on top of it. I am sure other Ford dealers will also register if not already signed up.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
PG&E website says the following if you click the "Apply" button for the $800 Clean Fuel Rebate. So @VegStang is correct that one cannot get both even if one gets their car by 12/31. See below (emphasis mine).

Attention:

The Clean Fuel Rebate program will be closing at the end of 2020. All applications are due by 11:59pm on December 31, 2020. Submitted applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Visit the Clean Fuel Rebate FAQ Section to review full eligibility criteria.

PG&E and other California electric utilities are teaming up with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to offer the California Clean Fuel Reward (CCFR), a point-of-sale incentive of up to $1,500 for the purchase or lease of any eligible new Battery Electric or Plug-in Hybrid vehicle from a participating automotive retailer. The incentive is available starting November 17, 2020.

PG&E customers are eligible for either the Clean Fuel Rebate or the California Clean Fuel Reward, but not both. Clean Fuel Rebate applications will be screened for eligibility and rejected if the CCFR was received at the time of purchase.

For more information on the California Clean Fuel Reward program please visit www.cleanfuelreward.com, email [email protected] or call 1-800-880-0320.
Ok this makes sense now...looks like the new Clean Fuel Reward is replacing the Clean Fuel Rebate program and its better in a way at least to those that would not otherwise qualify for the rebate.

I am assuming the new Clean Fuel Reward will be still valid when most of us get our vehicles in early 2021.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sunnyvale Ford is now checking on the rebate (I assume that means they will now register.)

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sunnyvale Ford is now checking on the rebate (I assume that means they will now register.)
The GM at Fremont Ford just informed me that he has registered for the rebate and it should be active by the end of the month.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Waiting on a response from Hilltop Ford in Richmond.
Sponsored