CA Clean Fuel Reward started today for extra $1500 off at purchase for EV

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I just wrote to Serramonte Ford. You should write to them too. The more people write to them the more motivated they will be to do the paperwork
I posted this earlier in the thread- got an email from the GM that they started the process.
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I posted this earlier in the thread- got an email from the GM that they started the process.
Must be quite a process...my dealer El Cajon Ford said they submitted for this two months ago. I emailed the CA org that runs this and they have no record of that...

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Just checked the SCE website - the $1000 credit through them is ending 12/31/20 . . . https://evrebates.sce.com/

I think this $1500 credit is replacing the individual utility rebates. Still better - $1500 versus $1000.
Just have to get my dealer on board. I have sent the info to Vista Ford in Woodland Hills. Hope they sign up!
I am getting mine from there as well, I was going to reach out next week to ask them to sign up for the program also.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I am getting mine from there as well, I was going to reach out next week to ask them to sign up for the program also.
Definitely do. I have not heard back from them on applying yet. The more that bug them the better.

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
I just emailed "my guy" at Novato Ford, as that dealership was not on the list.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
star ford in glendale, ca was clueless about it. i sent them to the website provided here. said they'd get back to me.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
The Ford Store in San Leandro, CA submitted the application as of Nov 20th.

The GM of the dealership Gus Knezevich replied to me on November 20th:

We just submitted our application so we should be listed once the process of our app is finished. Thank you for letting us know.
I emailed the day of announcement (Nov 17th) and made it clear that it was brand new. Glad they got everything squared away on their end. I think I'll be OK as I don't even have a build date yet, but I hope the administrators of the program don't delay too much.

UPDATE Dec 11th: The Ford Store in San Leandro is now listed!

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
What happens if the car arrives before the dealer is approved? Is there any procedure to process a claim retroactively?
Not sure - as this is a direct dealer discount. Best option is to keep bugging the dealer. I also sent an email to the contact email on the program website asking what to do in the same situation and enquiring if my dealer is being processed. Will see if there is a response. If they say yes registered but processing that is a different issue from nothing from your dealer yet. In that case I plan to send that response to the dealer and followup.

I have seen the list grow quite a bit from the first day but no sure why so few Ford dealers are currently on that list.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The Ford Store Morgan Hill is applying too...

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Livermore Ford / Lincoln just told me, "The General Manager has chosen not to join the Clean Fuel Rewards program right now, maybe in the future." Are you kidding me? Over 25 orders at this dealer and they are choosing not to save buyers over $37,000? This is a crime! All they need to do is fill out paper work to save their customers money. I will switch to one of the other 5 bay area dealers that are enrolled if Ford will let me. This is terrible customer service from #Livermore_Ford.

Last edited:

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Livermore Ford / Lincoln just told me, "The General Manager has chosen not to join the Clean Fuel Rewards program right now, maybe in the future." Are you kidding me? Over 25 orders at this dealer and they are choosing not to save buyers over $37,000? This is a crime! All they need to do is fill out paper work to save their customers money. I will switch to one of the other 5 bay area dealers that are enrolled if Ford will let me. This is terrible customer service from #Livermore_Ford.
Find a better dealer!

Reactions: UW2

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I don't understand.

It would make more sense to me if they charge $1500 ADM so that they can pocket the $37000. That would be bad, but it at least serves a purpose.

But they're telling you that they prefer to just leave that on the table. Why would they?

Maybe they want you to cancel, so that they can get a lot of Mach E on the lot? They can't force you to cancel blatantly. Maybe Ford corporate can't really fault the dealer for high numbers of cancellation if all the dealer did is not signing up for some program.

Last edited:

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
No Kidding!
Money is available from the state and they are saying, "who cares". Makes no sense.

I don't understand.

It would make more sense to me if they charge $1500 ADM so that they can pocket the $37000. That would be bad, but it at least serves a purpose.

But they're telling you that they prefer to just leave that on the table. Why would they?
Sponsored