CA Clean Fuel Reward started today for extra $1500 off at purchase for EV

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
Star Ford in Glendale California has now confirmed participation in the program.

Yay!
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm hearing from local Ford dealers that the reason they don't want to sign up for this program is because the State of CA. never reimbursed the dealership for the last program. Not sure if I believe them or not but if true I'd be gunshy too.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'm hearing from local Ford dealers that the reason they don't want to sign up for this program is because the State of CA. never reimbursed the dealership for the last program. Not sure if I believe them or not but if true I'd be gunshy too.
Hmmmm. The last clean fuel program is the new clean fuel program. New reward. If you were in the old program, you don't have to sign up again. Sounds to me like excuses

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Definitely do. I have not heard back from them on applying yet. The more that bug them the better.
I heard from the sales person today the their in-house counsel is checking and should have an answer by the end of the week. He said that it looks promising so far.

Reactions: abr

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The story with Livermore Ford gets worse. They say, "Ford has not approved the program" so they are not participating. Their choice and they choose not to. Suggested I call Ford. I spoke with marketing and customer service who said they cannot influence a dealer and would provide me with no options for other people to call. They said I could cancel my order (in production) and sign up with another dealer. Ford Livermore is costing me $1500 to stay with them and no one gets that money. Simply lazy.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
The story with Livermore Ford gets worse. They say, "Ford has not approved the program" so they are not participating. Their choice and they choose not to. Suggested I call Ford. I spoke with marketing and customer service who said they cannot influence a dealer and would provide me with no options for other people to call. They said I could cancel my order (in production) and sign up with another dealer. Ford Livermore is costing me $1500 to stay with them and no one gets that money. Simply lazy.
WTF does "Ford has not approved the program" mean? There are a few Ford dealers already listed on the website?! Lazy for sure.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I checked the "Participating Retailers" just now, and found that the following dealers in San Francisco Bay Area are now on the list. One of them is mine :):
  • Capital Ford (San Jose)
  • Fremont Ford
  • Future Ford of Concord
  • Serramonte Ford (Colma)
  • Towne Ford (Redwood City)
  • Walnut Creek Ford

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I checked the "Participating Retailers" just now, and found that the following dealers in San Francisco Bay Area are now on the list. One of them is mine :):
  • Fremont Ford
  • Future Ford of Concord
  • Walnut Creek Ford
Same here. Great to see!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
looks like they updated their website recently - my dealer is on it too now

Last edited:
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
For those whose dealers are not yet on the list, I'd recommend also contacting

[email protected]

to recommend adding your dealer. The benefit is you can find out if your dealer is already in the process of getting approved.

When I asked on Nov 30 I received a response that my dealer was in process of getting approved. My dealer now appears on the list.

The response I received from cleanreward.com on Nov 30:

"Retailer enrollment involves a multi-step security process and we are currently working with [dealer name omitted] to fulfill the participating retailer requirements."

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
  • Fremont Ford
  • Future Ford of Concord
  • Walnut Creek Ford
Yee ha! $1500 less for a car I already love!

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
More from #LivermoreFord. I reached out to the owner of Gill Auto Group, a large network of dealerships that owns Livermore Ford-Lincoln. I gave them the list found here of all the Bay Area Ford dealers in the program. Gill Auto Group even has a dealer in Tracy that is part of the program, but it is not a Ford Dealer. I asked them to sign up for the program, transfer the car to their dealer in Tracy if that would work, or transfer to one of the East Bay Ford Dealers. This message came back from the GM, "Thank you again Stu for your feed back and information. At this time we have chosen not participating in the program."

Do not order your Mach-e from Livermore Ford. or a Bronco for that matter
Sponsored