Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
More from #LivermoreFord. I reached out to the owner of Gill Auto Group, a large network of dealerships that owns Livermore Ford-Lincoln. I gave them the list found here of all the Bay Area Ford dealers in the program. Gill Auto Group even has a dealer in Tracy that is part of the program, but it is not a Ford Dealer. I asked them to sign up for the program, transfer the car to their dealer in Tracy if that would work, or transfer to one of the East Bay Ford Dealers. This message came back from the GM, "Thank you again Stu for your feed back and information. At this time we have chosen not participating in the program."

Do not order your Mach-e from Livermore Ford. or a Bronco for that matter
Yes I also choose Livermore Ford. I got same information from them. I called them multiple times a week to encourage and they told yesterday they are not doing it. I was so pissed off.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I received a final email from them after suggesting they use their Tracy dealership or transfer to another ford dealership stating, "I provided you with Fords number so you could switch your order... Have responded to all your calls and emails... Would appreciate you moving forward at this point. Enjoy your new vehicle."
I posted reviews on Yelp, Google, and Cars.com to help warn other potential buyers of a Mach-e or even a bronco. If they treat their "Paid" clients like this....? This is our third purchase from the dealer.

Yes I also choose Livermore Ford. I got same information from them. I called them multiple times a week to encourage and they told yesterday they are not doing it. I was so pissed off.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
More from #LivermoreFord. I reached out to the owner of Gill Auto Group, a large network of dealerships that owns Livermore Ford-Lincoln. I gave them the list found here of all the Bay Area Ford dealers in the program. Gill Auto Group even has a dealer in Tracy that is part of the program, but it is not a Ford Dealer. I asked them to sign up for the program, transfer the car to their dealer in Tracy if that would work, or transfer to one of the East Bay Ford Dealers. This message came back from the GM, "Thank you again Stu for your feed back and information. At this time we have chosen not participating in the program."

Do not order your Mach-e from Livermore Ford. or a Bronco for that matter
That is not procustomer - its not like they are losing $$ - they have to claim from the program

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Not sure - as this is a direct dealer discount. Best option is to keep bugging the dealer. I also sent an email to the contact email on the program website asking what to do in the same situation and enquiring if my dealer is being processed. Will see if there is a response. If they say yes registered but processing that is a different issue from nothing from your dealer yet. In that case I plan to send that response to the dealer and followup.

I have seen the list grow quite a bit from the first day but no sure why so few Ford dealers are currently on that list.
My dealer - Autonation Ford Torrance CA - is already in.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
The story with Livermore Ford gets worse. They say, "Ford has not approved the program" so they are not participating. Their choice and they choose not to. Suggested I call Ford. I spoke with marketing and customer service who said they cannot influence a dealer and would provide me with no options for other people to call. They said I could cancel my order (in production) and sign up with another dealer. Ford Livermore is costing me $1500 to stay with them and no one gets that money. Simply lazy.
Can you not switch dealers?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I don't think one can switch dealers once the order is accepted by the dealer, which in OP's case was probably in June or July. All OP can do now is cancel and start over with a different dealer, which probably means that the delivery won't happen until April or later.

If OP proceed to cancel and order with a different dealership, Livermore Ford will likely get to sell OP's cancelled Mach E as a stock unit (potentially with mark ups), because it's likely too late for Ford to not ship it to the dealer.

Maybe OP can get the attention of Ford corporate due to the dealer's bad behavior. But that's a long shot. Also, I think it would be hard for Ford to justify punishing a dealer for not signing up for a new program. (We understand why it's justifiable, but it's hard to make the case.)

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I don't think one can switch dealers once the order is accepted by the dealer, which in OP's case was probably in June or July. All OP can do now is cancel and start over with a different dealer, which probably means that the delivery won't happen until April or later.

If OP proceed to cancel and order with a different dealership, Livermore Ford will likely get to sell OP's cancelled Mach E as a stock unit (potentially with mark ups), because it's likely too late for Ford to not ship it to the dealer.

Maybe OP can get the attention of Ford corporate due to the dealer's bad behavior. But that's a long shot. Also, I think it would be hard for Ford to justify punishing a dealer for not signing up for a new program. (We understand why it's justifiable, but it's hard to make the case.)
I reached out to Ford and asked to change dealer which they can’t do unless they cancel the order. I lodged complaint in Livermore Ford but I strongly believe it’s like falling in to deaf ears.

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I received a final email from them after suggesting they use their Tracy dealership or transfer to another ford dealership stating, "I provided you with Fords number so you could switch your order... Have responded to all your calls and emails... Would appreciate you moving forward at this point. Enjoy your new vehicle."
I posted reviews on Yelp, Google, and Cars.com to help warn other potential buyers of a Mach-e or even a bronco. If they treat their "Paid" clients like this....? This is our third purchase from the dealer.
That’s the extent we can do and I will also post reviews. I am thinking to cancel and re submit the order.

OP
OP

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
sunnyvale ford is still not on the list even though they mentioned they enrolled two weeks go...

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Livermore Ford sound like idiots, frankly. This should be a sales incentive for any dealer. My dealership, El Cajon Ford, says that they have applied but that their first app had a "mistake" and they will re-apply. Will see.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I noticed that. Thought I would reach out to them again once I get a shipping notice (or more likely hear on the forum that they have started shipping.)

Too bad there isn't a post-sale way to apply for the rebate directly for those customers with asshat dealers. You would miss out on the slight sales tax benefit, but that's the way the utility rebate used to be.

sunnyvale ford is still not on the list even though they mentioned they enrolled two weeks go...

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I would have to cancel my order, place a new order, and wait in line. My car is already in production. Basicly I am forced to chose to pay $1500 more to get early delivery. if I cancel, the dealer gets "My Car" to sell as they please (Actually, "My Wife's Car" ;-)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I would have to cancel my order, place a new order, and wait in line. My car is already in production. Basicly I am forced to chose to pay $1500 more to get early delivery. if I cancel, the dealer gets "My Car" to sell as they please (Actually, "My Wife's Car" ;-)
Its probably not possible but may be worth a try to reach out to Ford and explain the situation and see if they can help transfer to a new dealer. The basic incentive with EVs is that buyers can take advantage of tax rebates when eligible and their own dealers should not be preventing this.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Its probably not possible but may be worth a try to reach out to Ford and explain the situation and see if they can help transfer to a new dealer. The basic incentive with EVs is that buyers can take advantage of tax rebates when eligible and their own dealers should not be preventing this.
I struck out with Ford Marketing and Customer Service. They said they reinforced that it is a dealer choice and they have no control over this decision by a dealer. The repeated that once the order is in process, all I can do is cancel the order and reorder with another dealer. I asked for NorCal Ford Dealer operations but they would not provide any contact information for anyone working direct with the dealers. When they leave Ford, they should look for an NFL Offensive Line position. They can really protect the QB ;-(
Sponsored