Izzak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Grabber Blue
Occupation
Urban Planner
Country flag
I got my FE and was able to finance via options. I was the first to use the Options plan at AutoNation Tustin, and it was a struggle to get the dealer to assign it, I had to walk them through the Ford Credit dealer portal until they found the right program and incentives. It also took them a while to get the contract set up since it was their first. Looking over the contract a little closer after I got home, spotted a couple things that didn't tie up, but it doesn't seem to impact me negatively. The balloon payment is a little higher than I expected, but the monthly payments are less than I expected.
How was your experience getting your FE from Tustin? They've been unresponsive to my questions and when they do answer, they often do not know the answer. I'm expecting to pickup my Premium in the coming weeks.
Sponsored

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag
Looking over the contract a little closer after I got home, spotted a couple things that didn't tie up, but it doesn't seem to impact me negatively. The balloon payment is a little higher than I expected, but the monthly payments are less than I expected.
I definitely came out ahead, going over line by line, the dealership gave me the A-Z pricing instead of the X Plan, and they scheduled the balloon payment on the 47th month instead of the 48th month.
How was your experience getting your FE from Tustin? They've been unresponsive to my questions and when they do answer, they often do not know the answer. I'm expecting to pickup my Premium in the coming weeks.
outside of not sharing vehicle visibility, they were good to deal with. It was a little troublesome getting them to set up the options financing, but once that worked out, everything was smooth. Sean stayed with me after the sale to make sure the PAAK and custom passcodes were working before I left the lot.

IzzyM

First Name
Izzak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Urban Planner
Country flag
I definitely came out ahead, going over line by line, the dealership gave me the A-Z pricing instead of the X Plan, and they scheduled the balloon payment on the 47th month instead of the 48th month.

outside of not sharing vehicle visibility, they were good to deal with. It was a little troublesome getting them to set up the options financing, but once that worked out, everything was smooth. Sean stayed with me after the sale to make sure the PAAK and custom passcodes were working before I left the lot.
Looks like you might’ve taken the brunt of the work for the rest of us receiving our orders at a later date. Did they add a markup to the overall total? Early posts on this thread showed they had a 5k dealer markup.

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like you might’ve taken the brunt of the work for the rest of us receiving our orders at a later date. Did they add a markup to the overall total? Early posts on this thread showed they had a 5k dealer markup.
No markup on my order. They do have a select on the lot with a 5k markup. When the order bank opened at the end of June, they initially tacked on 5k, but rescinded the ADM and my order was for the true MSRP before applying the X plan pricing.

IzzyM

First Name
Izzak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Urban Planner
Country flag
No markup on my order. They do have a select on the lot with a 5k markup. When the order bank opened at the end of June, they initially tacked on 5k, but rescinded the ADM and my order was for the true MSRP before applying the X plan pricing.
Did they return the deposit to you? Ford had me reserve the car and then put another deposit. Hoping I can use it towards the overall total. Also hoping they apply the CCER reward.

Gaigan71

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Grey Route 1
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Yes. Torrance
Yes. San Jose. Capitol Ford. They did the Clean Fuel rebate. $100 thing, Clean Air Grant ( I have the grant not the rebate ) and $2,500 off with Options. Very smooth experience.

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The
Did they return the deposit to you? Ford had me reserve the car and then put another deposit. Hoping I can use it towards the overall total. Also hoping they apply the CCER reward.
The dealer deposit counted towards my down payment, and they included the clear car rebate.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
yup. same here.

basically dealer asked me how much down we wanted to put and then added the deposit, $2500 options bonus, $1500 clean air rebate, $100 early bird active assist thing towards it.

i, embarrassing, hadn’t even realized they used a 3.5% apr (i honestly don’t think it was malicious, i was their 1st mach-e ford options customer). how do i know, well ford credit sent a letter about a week after the sale to say they caught the error- that it was supposed to be 2.25% apr and my monthly payment dropped another $25/mo (36mo ford options)

The

The dealer deposit counted towards my down payment, and they included the clear car rebate.

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yup. same here.

basically dealer asked me how much down we wanted to put and then added the deposit, $2500 options bonus, $1500 clean air rebate, $100 early bird active assist thing towards it.

i, embarrassing, hadn’t even realized they used a 3.5% apr (i honestly don’t think it was malicious, i was their 1st mach-e ford options customer). how do i know, well ford credit sent a letter about a week after the sale to say they caught the error- that it was supposed to be 2.25% apr and my monthly payment dropped another $25/mo (36mo ford options)
I caught an error on my options contract (48mo ford options) after I got home. I used the worksheet somewhere on this forum and figured my monthly payment and residual going in. The residual was higher than I expected, but I believe it boils down to them working the contract up as 46+1 instead of 47+1... Not sure that is something that they'll course correct, but I'm very happy with the monthly rate, as it was on a par as I had with my 2016 Explorer that I traded in.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I caught an error on my options contract (48mo ford options) after I got home. I used the worksheet somewhere on this forum and figured my monthly payment and residual going in. The residual was higher than I expected, but I believe it boils down to them working the contract up as 46+1 instead of 47+1... Not sure that is something that they'll course correct, but I'm very happy with the monthly rate, as it was on a par as I had with my 2016 Explorer that I traded in.
Most calculators or spreadsheets will let you change the 48 month term to 47 months. You could use that to double check things if you're concerned.

IzzyM

First Name
Izzak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Urban Planner
Country flag
Most calculators or spreadsheets will let you change the 48 month term to 47 months. You could use that to double check things if you're concerned.
Can you link the calculator?

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm quite happy enough to leave well enough alone, the overall numbers are right, and since they accidentally charged me the A-Z plan price instead of X plan, I'm not going to say anything...

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I just checked a couple things... The Ford web site gets a similar result to the one my dealer sent me. (About $20/mo higher than my calculations; not sure why.)

OK, so then I tried some lease calculators online, and they give me results identical to my spreadsheet (latest version is available here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/poll-ford-options-vs-finance.2883/page-7#post-92089).
< I just realized that I originally said was non-sense. Deleted.>

Last edited:

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Penske La Mesa did my 36 mos Ford Options without a hitch, even though I was their first ever customer using it. I was also their first ever CA fuel rebate customer and that took them an hour to figure out but in the end they got it right. I wouldn't hesitant recommending then based on their great service and earnest efforts to get it all correct and done as quickly as possible. And now they know how to do it all thanks to me ?. Finance didn't try to upsell me on a bunch of nonsense either, and used DocuSign so I never had to walk into the building. Just sat outside and signed everything from my tablet. ??
Sponsored