Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just got a K&N cabin air filter. I pulled out my stock one and it’s still snow white. Being a cheapskate dog, I am not sure I want to replace the filter when it still has a lot of useful life left. Thoughts? 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cabin Air Filter 2E76B31C-1192-4A38-9B93-9ADE8CDDB507
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I just got a K&N cabin air filter. I pulled out my stock one and it’s still snow white. Being a cheapskate dog, I am not sure I want to replace the filter when it still has a lot of useful life left. Thoughts? 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩

2E76B31C-1192-4A38-9B93-9ADE8CDDB507.jpeg
Don’t. Do you need to oil up the K&N? If so, I’d return it. Imagine the stink coming through an oiled filter!

I think cabin filters last 30,000 miles.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Don’t. Do you need to oil up the K&N? If so, I’d return it. Imagine the stink coming through an oiled filter!

I think cabin filters last 30,000 miles.
They have an electrostatic rinse instead of oil. Totally different from their engine intake filters. 🤪🐩

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not much scent. The cleaning solution has more scent than the electrostatic solution, probably because of the mold retardant and fungicide. That's still a pretty mild scent. Y'all are barking up the wrong tree. 🤪🐩

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Replaced mine after 1 yr and 13K mi. It had a disgusting thick layer of grey dust. Used the Pure air filter recommended on this site.

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag

I pulled mine out at around 8K and it was time already. Got the K&N in.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
They have an electrostatic rinse instead of oil. Totally different from their engine intake filters. 🤪🐩
I guess the prevailing opinion is to get the K&N filter. I didn’t realize that the standard filter was so expensive.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I love the K&N cabin filter! My last few vehicles have had them. You can put the OEM filter in a baggie and store it until the first time you need to clean the K&N. That way if somebody wants to drive the car while the filter's being cleaned, almost no down time.

That said, unlike the K&N engine air filters, the cabin filter can be used while still damp from cleaning, so down time is really a non-issue. I usually keep a 2nd engine air filter on hand so I can have a clean, dried and oiled one ready to go at change time. Not an issue with the MME obviously.

Also, what's to prevent you from spritzing a little of the K&N conditioner (not the cleaner) on your OEM filter and putting it back in? Then you can have another look at it in a few months, see if it's time to change it.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I love the K&N cabin filter! My last few vehicles have had them. You can put the OEM filter in a baggie and store it until the first time you need to clean the K&N. That way if somebody wants to drive the car while the filter's being cleaned, almost no down time.
<SNIP>
Hun, I didn’t think of using the original as a spare. I am a dumb doggie! 😱🤪🐩 Now to find a baggie for the original one. 😊🐩

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My OTA keeps failing so I had to make an appointment with the dealer to change the filter. They said they can get it done in 2 or 3 days since they send it off-site for the actual filter element work.

*I hope nobody pays attention to anything I say....

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I think any air filter is improved by spraying it with Citrace. Citrace is the go to gunk killer for traveling

I have used it for years spray it on the remotes in motels and the area in front of the TV. Guess why.? Hit the phones and the knobs and anything you touch in a hotel room with it when I first get there. Light misting on the sheets after I discard the bed cover up which is always gross. Spray the air conditioning inputs and you have a fantastic citrus smell and a complete kill on bacteria and fungi and viruses.

A couple of years ago I started spraying my cabin air filters with it weekly and it makes a huge difference in the smell of the car and it also kills bad stuff on contact with the filter

I tend to use the cheapest filters to keep airflow high the more robust filters will slow down your airflow and I don’t know if that’s good for the car in general In Arizona I need full airflow in the summer

Jes sayin

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I think any air filter is improved by spraying it with Citrace. Citrace is the go to gunk killer for traveling

I have used it for years spray it on the remotes in motels and the area in front of the TV. Guess why.? Hit the phones and the knobs and anything you touch in a hotel room with it when I first get there. Light misting on the sheets after I discard the bed cover up which is always gross. Spray the air conditioning inputs and you have a fantastic citrus smell and a complete kill on bacteria and fungi and viruses.

A couple of years ago I started spraying my cabin air filters with it weekly and it makes a huge difference in the smell of the car and it also kills bad stuff on contact with the filter

I tend to use the cheapest filters to keep airflow high the more robust filters will slow down your airflow and I don’t know if that’s good for the car in general In Arizona I need full airflow in the summer

Jes sayin
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cabin Air Filter F999C194-415B-4610-BED9-536BD333995D
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cabin Air Filter F999C194-415B-4610-BED9-536BD333995D
Sponsored