Cadillac Michigan receives new Level 3 CCS charger!

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Seeing as I'm only about 5 miles from this charger right now I may have to check it out.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cadillac Michigan receives new Level 3 CCS charger! DSC_0024_cro

This was a 215 mile journey something the Bolt couldn't have made in a single shot right now because it only has about 75% charge (it may have made it on a full charge because a good part of the trip is on 55mph roads). No matter we dragged it here anyway (at this point I estimate that the rear axle has an extra 3000 miles on it over the front LOL).

Will have to drive it around a bit before visiting the DCFC...

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Got the Bolt down to about 30% and swung by this charger (even posted a photo on plugshare which I'll include below and added a photo to StreetView so you can get the lay of the land there). Since the Bolt was at 30% it would only charge at ~40kW or so (both chargers said 125kW but I don't think you'll get that if another car is charging). The guy in the Jeep pulling a trailer (seen in the StreetView image) walked over and asked how much does it cost to charge LOL.

The cable here is pretty short so pull up to the charger as close as you can.

This is a ChargePoint location which charges at a flat $0.20/min thus the faster your car can charge the less expensive it will be. I was there long enough to add 9 miles costing me a whopping $1.74.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cadillac Michigan receives new Level 3 CCS charger! 2020-09-14 13.25.30

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
0.20 cents a minute, total cost $1.74 for all 9(?) miles of range? Sounds like a great deal and something that is going to make others rush out to purchase an EV. At $2.50 a gallon with a vehicle only getting 25 miles per gallon, the $1.74 electric cost will net 17 miles of range with gas.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
0.20 cents a minute, total cost $1.74 for all 9(?) miles of range? Sounds like a great deal and something that is going to make others rush out to purchase an EV. At $2.50 a gallon with a vehicle only getting 25 miles per gallon, the $1.74 electric cost will net 17 miles of range with gas.
Flat rate and my car was at 30% so wasnt charging as fast as it could. Mach-E should be 3x faster.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
$.20 at 125kW is a good price. If it will do that.
Sponsored