First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the summary - I did some similar graphing a while back and saw the same trends. I hope that the Order -> Build really starts getting shorter, it is heavily weighted now by people who ordered long before production began. As those early orders get completed the value should reduce and settle down at some shorter number of days.

If it helps, here is the direct link to the actual Google Spreadsheet (view only), which might make it easier to copy/paste out of (in particular for grabbing only new rows):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lBgAEQVufjImIIq3wllYvqupRNTZD3wfSoiRZRrJlAg

I had the same issues you did with some data cleanup - mostly transposing "2020" and "2021" in dates so your durations are either WAY too long, or a negative number. I also improved the data a bit in my copy by moving any order date from prior to 6/22/2020 up to that date - anything earlier and the user entered their reservation date (which isn't the same as the order date).

Happy analyzing - I'm sure I'll be looking at this closely right up until I get my car, at which point I will promptly forget all about it. ;)

EDIT: Had to change to code to display the URL - the forum software VERY BADLY wants to make that spreadsheet link an embedded view...
Thanks for the link. I will give it a try. I also fixed the transposed dates but I just excluded the entries with reservation dates (older than June 2020). There weren't that many and I didn't want to make assumptions on when after June 2020 they placed their orders. I too am trying not to be obsessed with looking at this data. People who have their cars don't care about this thread ?.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SAM

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any idea what's the average Build to Ship timeframe? Mine went into production last week and I'm curious to know when it'll be shipped.
There's no ship date data in the tracking sheet, so no. From reading threads, it appears to be 1 - 2 wks on average after actual build, but some are shorter and some longer. "Your results may vary".

OP
OP
SAM

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the summary - I did some similar graphing a while back and saw the same trends. I hope that the Order -> Build really starts getting shorter, it is heavily weighted now by people who ordered long before production began. As those early orders get completed the value should reduce and settle down at some shorter number of days.

If it helps, here is the direct link to the actual Google Spreadsheet (view only), which might make it easier to copy/paste out of (in particular for grabbing only new rows):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lBgAEQVufjImIIq3wllYvqupRNTZD3wfSoiRZRrJlAg

I had the same issues you did with some data cleanup - mostly transposing "2020" and "2021" in dates so your durations are either WAY too long, or a negative number. I also improved the data a bit in my copy by moving any order date from prior to 6/22/2020 up to that date - anything earlier and the user entered their reservation date (which isn't the same as the order date).

Happy analyzing - I'm sure I'll be looking at this closely right up until I get my car, at which point I will promptly forget all about it. ;)

EDIT: Had to change to code to display the URL - the forum software VERY BADLY wants to make that spreadsheet link an embedded view...
Just saw your graph in the "Days its takes from production start to delivery?" thread. You already did this lol! I thought this might have been done already but missed that thread. Nice graph of the order times!

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
I ordered a Premium Extended Range this week and my dealer literally said that my car wouldn't show up until "2022, at the earliest".
I'm hoping that he's either an idiot, or was told the GT wouldn't be available and equated that for all the models.
I know the times here seem long, but they give me optimism since I put in my order expecting 12-18 months...

jeremykraft

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME - Premium AWD Extended Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
There's no ship date data in the tracking sheet, so no. From reading threads, it appears to be 1 - 2 wks on average after actual build, but some are shorter and some longer. "Your results may vary".
Thanks! According to my dealer, it's on a railcar now. Estimate from Ford is April 2 so we'll see if that's accurate or not.

Reactions: SAM

OP
OP
SAM

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered a Premium Extended Range this week and my dealer literally said that my car wouldn't show up until "2022, at the earliest".
I'm hoping that he's either an idiot, or was told the GT wouldn't be available and equated that for all the models.
I know the times here seem long, but they give me optimism since I put in my order expecting 12-18 months...
I think he's wrong. You might get your car in Aug - Sep, based on current averages. Plus, timelines might be improving. If there are no more production issues/shortages, it might be sooner. I may be optimistic but next year doesn't sound right.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Yeah that doesn’t sound right. I’ve had two dealers tell me about 12 weeks from ordering (although that seems optimistic). On Facebook, someone who ordered in January got a May build date.

OP
OP
SAM

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah that doesn’t sound right. I’ve had two dealers tell me about 12 weeks from ordering (although that seems optimistic). On Facebook, someone who ordered in January got a May build date.
Yup. I ordered Dec 24 and got a May 3 build week (130 days, not great, not horrible). Hope it holds...

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Just as Ford sorts out production and delivery issues we are likely to face component delays. The Taiwan chip shortage is a real thing. It mostly impacts Tier 1 suppliers who build electronic subassemblies for the OEMs. Manufacturers like Ford have little visibility or control of this parts stream. If the folks who build the circuit board for the stereo, inverter, DC-DC converter... the list is endless. If any one of them can't build the board it is not a realistic option to find a replacement quickly. This issue blindsided OEMs worldwide and will reduce global auto sales this year.
Calling him an idiot is an insult to idiots, calling him a dealer is more accurate. I don’t believe he gave you a correct estimate. He would have been better off saying that he didn’t know, then checked with Ford and given you a more informed answer. They just never learn.

tangme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e AWD, Ext range batt, F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I would be curious if you could add something like Option to the matrix....I would be interested if the 68KW orders are getting made faster than the extended range battery...maybe even color is something going on here. Curious because I see some people ordered theirs a month after I ordered mine and the build date they show is a month before mine? Doesn't make sense to me.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Nice job. Thanks for the work.

Some of us are going to skew these numbers even further though. Order (June 26) to build: 229 days. Build to delivery: I’ll let you know. Once it does ship (2 weeks and counting on that) it’ll be a minimum of 11 weeks to get here. Yes I live in the USA. ;)
I'm sitting at 113 days from build to delivery today already, with latest ETA being May 17th.
I'll definitely be waiting twice as long as average and would not be surprised if it goes 3 times as long. as the ETA has already changed 4 times.
Ordered June 26, 2020, built December 15th

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm sitting at 113 days from build to delivery today already, with latest ETA being May 17th.
I'll definitely be waiting twice as long as average and would not be surprised if it goes 3 times as long. as the ETA has already changed 4 times.
Ordered June 26, 2020, built December 15th
I’m still waiting as well. Delivery is still slated to occur by May 10, so another month. We shall see.

Janjan

First Name
Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E X Premium
Occupation
Customer service for United airlines
Country flag
Delivery times should shrink down to normal at some point. Mine was built on 12/10, and it's been a rollercoaster of delays and waiting and weather. Maybe things will improve this week, just hoping when it does get here there aren't any bad surprises.
Did you get your car? I’ve been waiting since February. Haven’t heard a think from Ford. Called and they know nothing!!!
Sponsored