California Buyer - when we may actually get to see one?

2Ponies

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GT350, 2013 Leaf, 2012 Camry hybrid
Occupation
Energy Markets
Country flag
Has anyone heard of when we may actually get to see one in Northern California? I would love to be able to sit in one, check out the size and make sure it fits.
To actually see a Premium Space White with black interior in person would be nice.
Sponsored

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My No. Calif. dealer is clueless still. I have gone ahead and purchased an new 2019 IPACE for $60K. I can have it now and drive it now. There are still some good deals a Pasadena Jag. and South Bay jag in your area if you are interested. Good luck.

OP
OP
abr

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Has anyone heard of when we may actually get to see one in Northern California? I would love to be able to sit in one, check out the size and make sure it fits.
To actually see a Premium Space White with black interior in person would be nice.
Joe - probably won't be able to do that until dealers receive their demo car(s) sometime later this Fall. You should be able to sit in and test drive in demo BEFORE your ordered car arrives. Might be able to see the exterior color on other Ford products. The key will be that BEFORE you follow through on your reservation and place an order, you make sure that if you place a deposit with the dealer, it is FULLY refundable if you are not happy with color, interior, test drive or any other reason. You don't want to be committed (with non-refundable deposit) to a car you might not like.

Also, chances are that dealer demo car (they may only get one), won't be the same color (exterior or interior) or even trim level. My best guess is Demo car would be a Premium trim car since that will be one of the first cars off of the assembly line and has all the potential options.

2Ponies

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Energy Markets
Country flag
I tested an IPace and ETRON. They are both nice. I am not in a big rush, i have an electric for my commute car.. a Leaf (actually on my second one) and it works well for my 15 mile commute. Just can't go further than about 75 miles in it.

Last edited:

2Ponies

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Energy Markets
Country flag
Joe - probably won't be able to do that until dealers receive their demo car(s) sometime later this Fall. You should be able to sit in and test drive in demo BEFORE your ordered car arrives. Might be able to see the exterior color on other Ford products. The key will be that BEFORE you follow through on your reservation and place an order, you make sure that if you place a deposit with the dealer, it is FULLY refundable if you are not happy with color, interior, test drive or any other reason. You don't want to be committed (with non-refundable deposit) to a car you might not like.

Also, chances are that dealer demo car (they may only get one), won't be the same color (exterior or interior) or even trim level. My best guess is Demo car would be a Premium trim car since that will be one of the first cars off of the assembly line and has all the potential options.

2Ponies

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Energy Markets
Country flag
You are right, i will have to wait until they start arriving. I am just an impatient car enthusiast. And yes, before i put down a deposit (other than the 500) i will be careful about the terms.

Reactions: abr

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
probably won't be able to do that until dealers receive their demo car(s) sometime later this Fall.
And with the COVID delays, it sounds like demos may not even show up by late Nov or Dec when the first wave of actual customer's units are expected to start arriving in the US. A lot of people's first look/feel will probably be their own ordered vehicle showing up at the dealer, especially if they have an early res#.

Those with later res#'s should have a better chance of actually seeing one first. But even that's a little fuzzy as talk of dealer demos has been less clear lately.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Looking to order my Premium AWD Std battery at El Cajon Ford on 1 July.

OP
OP
abr

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Any idea if San Diego users have a deal like this?
I'm guessing your utility is SDG&E? Check their website - they probably offer one. I know that SCE also has a $1000 rebate for BEV.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Easy peasy at El Cajon Ford. Placed order, no ADM, fully refundable 500 dollar deposit.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And with the COVID delays, it sounds like demos may not even show up by late Nov or Dec when the first wave of actual customer's units are expected to start arriving in the US. A lot of people's first look/feel will probably be their own ordered vehicle showing up at the dealer, especially if they have an early res#.

Those with later res#'s should have a better chance of actually seeing one first. But even that's a little fuzzy as talk of dealer demos has been less clear lately.
My dealer expects one to two demo cars in Oct to Nov timeframe.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Looking to order my Premium AWD Std battery at El Cajon Ford on 1 July.
That is my dealer also. I converted my reservation on Saturday and they called a few hours later to say they got it. Their internet sales rep has an order for one also so he should be up to speed on all the info.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My dealer expects the demo Mach-E to arrive in the Sept/Oct time frame.
I like your dealer and hope they're right!
Sponsored