California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet?

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
I'm wondering how the process will go for me as I'm transferring my current custom plates on my 2007 Focus to the Mach-E.

I know I'll need to sport the paper plates in transition, but I can see the CAV process either going fast or very, very slow. I'm leaning on my dealer (The Ford Store, San Leandro) to help with the paperwork process, so hopefully they can help with the CAV as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
R7206

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
I'm wondering how the process will go for me as I'm transferring my current custom plates on my 2007 Focus to the Mach-E.

I know I'll need to sport the paper plates in transition, but I can see the CAV process either going fast or very, very slow. I'm leaning on my dealer (The Ford Store, San Leandro) to help with the paperwork process, so hopefully they can help with the CAV as well.
Actually, once you fill out the transfer and pay the fee, you will get the new registration back pretty quickly (took mine about a week on another vehicle).

I went ahead and applied with my temporary plate number as there is nothing on the application or instructions that says you cannot use that.

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ordered mine from CA DMV on 2/11/2021 and as of today they have not cashed my check. Any other MME owners had any luck getting theirs yet?
Thanks!
The guy who had me sign my name and jot my initials 1,634 times on my purchase papers said that he personally has been waiting more than 3 months for decals on his clean air vehicle, but they still haven’t arrived. That is reportedly the norm.

When I purchased my Volt 5 years ago, I got the decals in about a week. Dealer actually took care of everything. Today, we are on our own and the DMV seems to have bigger fish to fry.

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Actually, once you fill out the transfer and pay the fee, you will get the new registration back pretty quickly (took mine about a week on another vehicle).

I went ahead and applied with my temporary plate number as there is nothing on the application or instructions that says you cannot use that.
My MME came with electronic plates ($895 option), and the display magically changed from the dealer’s logo to my actual “plate” 2 days after I purchased it.

“Plate” is like a mini Jumbotron. If the car gets stolen, the display instantly changes to “Stolen Car.”

Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach

Reactions: UW2

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
My MME came with electronic plates ($895 option), and the display magically changed from the dealer’s logo to my actual “plate” 2 days after I purchased it.

“Plate” is like a mini Jumbotron. If the car gets stolen, the display instantly changes to “Stolen Car.”

Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach
Do you have to pay a monthly fee for the license plate?

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
R-plates (Reviver) do have an annual subscription cost of $55/year.
Well, that was not anywhere in my purchase contract or disclosures. I’ll check today with the dealership. That would be less than $5 per month, but super annoying.
Do you have to pay a monthly fee for the license plate?
By the way, the dealer charge for the plates for me was about an 80% markup. Dealer cut me a break by allowing me to put my $20K down payment on a rewards credit card, which saved me a couple hundred bucks and cost him maybe double; so I figured it was overall a square deal. But anyone who wants to buy a totally cool electronic plate should research the current dealer cost -- these provide a lucrative dealer markup opportunity. - Larry W/HB

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Well, that was not anywhere in my purchase contract or disclosures. I’ll check today with the dealership. That would be less than $5 per month, but super annoying.

By the way, the dealer charge for the plates for me was about an 80% markup. Dealer cut me a break by allowing me to put my $20K down payment on a rewards credit card, which saved me a couple hundred bucks and cost him maybe double; so I figured it was overall a square deal. But anyone who wants to buy a totally cool electronic plate should research the current dealer cost -- these provide a lucrative dealer markup opportunity. - Larry W/HB

Yeah, at your markup, it's a 7 year breakeven, which is reasonable assuming you don't have to pay any monthlies.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, at your markup, it's a 7 year breakeven, which is reasonable assuming you don't have to pay any monthlies.
A friend has them...https://reviver.com. Seems to like it.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Ordered mine from CA DMV on 2/11/2021 and as of today they have not cashed my check. Any other MME owners had any luck getting theirs yet?
Thanks!
Looks like you're probably one of, if not the first, in CA to apply for the Mach E, so let us know when you get your decals ?

I just sent mine in earlier this week, so not expecting them for a while lol

OP
OP
R7206

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Looks like you're probably one of, if not the first, in CA to apply for the Mach E, so let us know when you get your decals ?

I just sent mine in earlier this week, so not expecting them for a while lol
As of 3/24/21, DMV still has not cashed my check they received from me on 2/12/21. I also have not received a rejection or the stickers. I will wait until next week to make the phone call to DMV customer service.

In the meantime, I have changed the bottom message on my electronic license plate to read to one of the standard DMV approved phrases, "Clean Air Vehicle - (HOV)". Technically, not going to save me from a citation, but CHP (I see at least two per day on my commute) seems to have no interest in chatting with me about it and I drive 130+ miles/day in the HOV lane. ?

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag

Can you post a picture of your car with the electronic license plates. Thank you.
Sponsored