California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Isn't the color of your sticker based on the Model Year of the vehicle not the date you submit your application?
No.

Sticker color is based on the date it is issued to you by DMV.
Sponsored

bFWEAD

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Applied for CA HOV Stickers the first week of June 2021. Received them in the mail today, January 15, 2022...and they are the Blue Stickers :-/

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
CA DMV. The punchline for so many jokes…I just got a notice from my CA tolls that they needed the info from my HOV sticker. Funny as I am now into month four.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Applied for CA HOV Stickers the first week of June 2021. Received them in the mail today, January 15, 2022...and they are the Blue Stickers :-/
Weird, I got mine about 3 weeks, if not sooner, when I applied in November or December. I wish I could get blue this year when I get my GT PE... Yellow is the current color!

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weird, I got mine about 3 weeks, if not sooner, when I applied in November or December. I wish I could get blue this year when I get my GT PE... Yellow is the current color!
Yup got my yellow ones today.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
I sent mine on January 3 and they haven't even cashed the check yet. I haven't heard anything from them about it.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
So I applied in Dec. Got them today. I wasn't really thinking. I applied them to 3m PPF and then to my car. I sorta forgot my car was ceramic coated. Some of them are sticking, some already are not. I applied for replacements, but what is the best way to apply them to a ceramic coated car?

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I applied in Dec. Got them today. I wasn't really thinking. I applied them to 3m PPF and then to my car. I sorta forgot my car was ceramic coated. Some of them are sticking, some already are not. I applied for replacements, but what is the best way to apply them to a ceramic coated car?
I have the same question. Will call my shop.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I have the same question. Will call my shop.
My car is ceramic coated and I "applied" the HOV stickers to PPF and then the PPF to the car. They have been on about 8 months now and no issues. Note that I did NOT take the backing off the stickers when applying to the PPF.
So far, so good!

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
One is definitely peeling off, but hopefully they will stay for the 2 months is takes to get the new stickers. I think I will just try to apply the new ones directly to the ceramic coating. I bet they will stay much better, and hopefully not jack up the finish. I'm assuming they will be easier to take off of the ceramic anyway. If they come off, then I will just give up. They are so ugly anyway, I'm almost not sure it's worth it.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
I applied before I received the registration and the DMV returned my check saying I had to wait for the registration to complete. Then I reapplied and forgot to change the license plate number on the application to the new one (instead of the dealer temporary). I called the DMV and they said it would still process, because they use the VIN. In any case, I received blue decals last week. It was about 12 weeks.

They have changed placement from when I did my wife's Prius Prime back in 2017. Now they have two small in front and two large in back. I put them directly on and hope that they get renewed, so I don't have to regret the permanence. As for now they are good till 2025 and the blue matches my Blue and Gold Cal Alumni license frame that I received as an early present!

I have already avoided a couple of traffic jams for which I previously would have used my FasTrak and paid at least $22. So worth it.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I sent mine on January 3 and they haven't even cashed the check yet. I haven't heard anything from them about it.
Sent mine a week later and no updates either. I’m thinking most people from the Nov/Dec months waited for JAN to send them in.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
Sent mine a week later and no updates either. I’m thinking most people from the Nov/Dec months waited for JAN to send them in.
You're probably right. I got mine in November, and I didn't want to burn a year, so I waited until Jan. They probably got swamped.
Sponsored