California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet?

OP
OP
R7206

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone ever been pulled over for driving in the HOV lane in a BEV but without this sticker. I know you are supposed to put it on, but the Mach-E (and many other BEVs) clearly qualify and I don’t really want to put a sticker on my car, don’t like the look.

Wondering if cops might give a pass or just a warning when the car clearly qualifies, especially if I keep the unused sticker in my glove compartment.
I have driven 6,000 miles since 2/12. About 4,000 of that has been in the HOV lane with no stickers. Passed many CHP officers and they have never bothered me at all.
Sponsored

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Is everyone planning on placing the stickers correctly on their bumpers as instructed? I live in SoCal and see countless EVs with stickers every day and yet I’ve never once seen an EV with correctly placed stickers, at least based on the locations instructed for the current stickers (two small on front and two large on back).

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just put 1 big sticker on right rear, and 1 little sticker on the left front.

OP
OP
R7206

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Is everyone planning on placing the stickers correctly on their bumpers as instructed? I live in SoCal and see countless EVs with stickers every day and yet I’ve never once seen an EV with correctly placed stickers, at least based on the locations instructed for the current stickers (two small on front and two large on back).
I am thinking one large one on the rear passenger side should suffice.

OP
OP
R7206

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
CA DMV cashed my check yesterday. My stickers should be on the way! That only took 12 weeks...

And by the way, I did not need my metal plates to apply, I used my paper temporary plate number.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
CA DMV cashed my check yesterday. My stickers should be on the way! That only took 12 weeks...

And by the way, I did not need my metal plates to apply, I used my paper temporary plate number.
Still no cashed check for me, and I sent mine out in the beginning of March....

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
After getting my new metal plates last Saturday (and promptly switching to my custom plates an hour later), I mailed in the paperwork for HOV stickers. I used Priority Mail because I wanted to use tracking and see how long it will take. It was received yesterday (Thursday), so the timer begins.

Will update my status to this thread as things roll in.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
After getting my new metal plates last Saturday (and promptly switching to my custom plates an hour later), I mailed in the paperwork for HOV stickers. I used Priority Mail because I wanted to use tracking and see how long it will take. It was received yesterday (Thursday), so the timer begins.

I mailed my metal plates back, along with form and 78 bucks to transfer my existing personal plates. Three weeks ago. No check cashed and no response from DMV.

OP
OP
R7206

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Ordered mine from CA DMV on 2/11/2021 and as of today they have not cashed my check. Any other MME owners had any luck getting theirs yet?
Thanks!
My stickers arrived today! It only took 3 months to the day. The good news is they are a new color - light royal blue. It will be a little more non-descript on my Infinite Blue MME than the last orange or red stickers.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
My stickers arrived today! It only took 3 months to the day. The good news is they are a new color - light royal blue. It will be a little more non-descript on my Infinite Blue MME than the last orange or red stickers.
so once they cash the check...seems like it won't be much longer. Just gotta wait for them to cash the check...ugh.

OP
OP
R7206

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag

I will put $5.00 down for August an 2nd arrival and $10 for August 3rd.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
This gives me hope that my application hasn’t been lost. Mailed mine in 2 months ago. Check still hasn’t been cashed.

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
On a related note, filed for $2K CA clean vehicle rebate mid March. At least this program notifies re: status. Check is supposed to be in mail mid - late July.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
On a related note, filed for $2K CA clean vehicle rebate mid March. At least this program notifies re: status. Check is supposed to be in mail mid - late July.
Applied on 2/27 and just got notified that my $2k check for the CVRP is in the mail so 3 months to receive.

Still no news on my HOV stickers. The $22 check hasn't even been cashed yet. . . . . .
Sponsored