California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I've got mine. I even have the PPF cutouts to apply them without sticking. I just can't bring myself to apply them because then I'll just look like a Prius.
Sponsored

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I've got mine. I even have the PPF cutouts to apply them without sticking. I just can't bring myself to apply them because then I'll just look like a Prius.
Applied for ours in March. Got them around beginning of September. The blue shade color of the decals doesn't look half bad on our Infinite Blue. Way better than all the prior existing colors. No way does the whole thing resemble a Prius!

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Applied for CAV program on 05/22/21
DMV cashed $22 check on 08/18/21

I have not yet received anything from the DMV.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Applied for CAV program on 05/22/21
DMV cashed $22 check on 08/18/21

I have not yet received anything from the DMV.
That is a problem. I applied in late June and already received mine two weeks ago. I believe the check was cashed ~10 days prior. Call the Special Processing Unit at (916) 657-8035

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
That is a problem. I applied in late June and already received mine two weeks ago. I believe the check was cashed ~10 days prior. Call the Special Processing Unit at (916) 657-8035
I have a planned trip to the DMV next week to get FF plates for the MME. If they are unable to assist, at the DMV, I will give them a call. Thanks for the suggestion.

frank2ray

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
leaf
Country flag
I mailed my HOV decal application to DMV on 8/4/2021 - Check is not cashed yet

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I mailed my HOV decal application to DMV on 8/4/2021 - Check is not cashed yet
Did you consider waiting for year end, so you could get 48 months of HOV usage, rather than just 39 or so applying now?

frank2ray

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
leaf
Country flag
Did you consider waiting for year end, so you could get 48 months of HOV usage, rather than just 39 or so applying now?
Honestly, I didn't think about that, but you have a good point. It's probably too late now unless DMV delays it and issues the sticker in January 2022. :)

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
This telephone number is the equivalent of a CA DMV Rick Roll. The greeting says they are too busy to answer the call and disconnects immediately. ?

Jayhawkoholic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang MachE Premium AWD
Occupation
Film/Television
Country flag
I received my HOV stickers today after 6 months of waiting. So basically burned 10 months of being able to use the sticker since they renew every 1st of January, not based on when you get the stickers. Try to get them as early in the year, but expect it will take 3-6 months to arrive. DMV has a lot of work to do, they are disappointing on a lot of levels.

Mark II

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just got my car. Probably not worth waiting until the first of the year to send in the paperwork considering how long it takes to get the decal anyway?

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
To note: The whole program and stickers will not work past Sept 30th, 2025.

If you get the current blue sticker, it will be over on Jan 1st, 2025. If you get the next color sticker (not announced; but starting Jan 1, 2022), it and all future stickers will expire on Sept 30th, 2025. Even if you receive the sticker on Sept 1st 2025, it will expire the end of that month.

All this to say, the reason the HOV stickers are abysmal to get is the reduced resources towards the program. How you decide when to apply for stickers needs to take that last 9 month year into play.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I just got my car. Probably not worth waiting until the first of the year to send in the paperwork considering how long it takes to get the decal anyway?
Maybe it is!

I took that attitude, and sent in my application earlier this month. DMV has already cashed my check, ~2 weeks after I mailed it in.

I was counting on the backlog and their legendary poor work ethic to delay my stickers to 2022, but it appears the DMV may have outsmarted me. Of course, had I waited and submitted my application on New Year's Day, they would have returned to the usual 3-month delay, and thwarted me anyway.

To the DMV:
Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet? 1638044272436

sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Isn't the color of your sticker based on the Model Year of the vehicle not the date you submit your application?
Sponsored