Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I dont put them on the front. just the back . Knock on wood, it seems to work that way. Passed plenty of police officers and havent been hassled.
I don't see how the front ones are used for driving. They seem like they'd be more useful for the special CAV parking mentioned like at SFO airport.

I'm also going with the 2 big ones on that rear panel (one each side) because it's the only ferrous body panel near the requirements.

Now that I have my certificate, I just ordered the special CAV toll tag! Apparently setting the Flex one to 3+ is not the corrent thing to do, you need the CAV tag so that you can do HOV/Express lanes half price (not free or full price)
Sponsored

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I did the pre-cut from Amazon. Put just the small ones on the back. Works great!

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Thanks to advice from this forum, I submitted my CA DMV Clean Air Vehicle HOV (aka Carpool) application on 9/28/22 when I still had temporary plates. The dealership sent permanent plates a week later.
DMV received check: 9/30
Check cashed: 11/03
Stickers Mailed: 11/07
HOV Stickers arrive: 11/09
Registration card sent with the stickers shows the permanent license plate number.

Six weeks processing time is an improvement.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Even I hate a ruined look of my GT I decided to use CAV Decals.
Please, correct me if I’m wrong.
If I’m alone in the car:
I freely can use Carpool lanes at any time if Decals are attached to the car and I have CAV ID with me.
To travel across the bridges I can use Carpool lanes and legally can switch my FasTrack Flex Tag to 3 persons. In that case I’ll receive the toll with discount.
For Express lanes it is illegal to switch FasTrack Flex to 3 persons. Instead I should order FasTrack CAV tag. In that case I would be charged with 50% discount.

Also, I have custom license plates but in CAV ID it is indicated previous license plate number. Can I use current CAV ID while I waiting corrected one?

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Also, I have custom license plates but in CAV ID it is indicated previous license plate number. Can I use current CAV ID while I waiting corrected one?
Did you already fill out another REG 1000 form with your updated plate info and send it in? I still used the carpool lane solo without waiting for my updated CAV ID, but I never got pulled over either, so it wasn't ever scrutinized that closely.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Did you already fill out another REG 1000 form with your updated plate info and send it in? I still used the carpool lane solo without waiting for my updated CAV ID, but I never got pulled over either, so it wasn't ever scrutinized that closely.
Not yet, still thinking do I really need this decals or not.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Not yet, still thinking do I really need this decals or not.
Make it a magnetic one so you can take it off when you don' t need it.

Thanks for the Fastrack CAV I didn't know about that. Going to get that done.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Make it a magnetic one so you can take it off when you don' t need it.
I have concerns that with this magnets I or my wife easily can scratch the clear coat if there’s any debris. Also, MME doesn’t have metal parts in places where decals should be attached.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The rules are wildly confusing in some areas. I got the flex CAV so I can stop stressing that I gotta set the flex number correctly for the scanner/cameras. Now at least in express lanes they can either not charge or do the half toll thing.

I got very confused on 880/580 stretch that says something like "HOV 3 or more only" and couldn't pull up the fastrak web page to search for answers so I just YOLO'd it. Turns out we're ok to use it for half toll with the CAV tag but full toll with standard flex.

Regarding the magnets, I wouldn't say no metal but non ferrous as I think some panels are aluminum. But I put the big ones on the rear side panels and hope for the best. There is definitely nothing ferrous front or rear facing. Also, the magnets don't slide at all when placing or peeling (unless you intentionally do it), I wouldn't worry about debris causing a scratch.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I have concerns that with this magnets I or my wife easily can scratch the clear coat if there’s any debris. Also, MME doesn’t have metal parts in places where decals should be attached.
Yes there is only the rear quarter panels that the magnet can stick to. I put mine at the most bottom edge. I don't use mine every day. Seldom use it. I just want to have it when I need it. I didn't even know about the CAV toll tag that has the switch from 1 person to 3 to get the discounted toll price. I will be trading my toll tags for the CAV one.

Just wipe it off before sticking it to the car set it and forget it.

I don't even bother putting the ones for the front. The magnet area is only at the door panels.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Anyone get their 2023 CA HOV stickers yet ?

Is it neon Green ???