KenStang21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Ha! Does that count with the DMV?? We have a Reviver plate on a different car (dealer forced it as add-on). If this actually counts we may consider getting one. Plus the black/white would look cool on our white/black mach.

Looks like its been a few months, how have they held up?? This is EXACTLY what I would need to do, no way I would dare put the stickers permanently on my wife's car. When I need to borrow it (her car) to head to bay area I would put the magnets on, otherwise back in the glove or under the cargo mat.

No worries about thievery, I'd take them off once I've reached the destination city (Sac or San Jose).
They work great!!! Have not been pulled over at all. I use them when I know that I will be on the freeway and then take them off if Im cruising locally or going to the carwash.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Ha! Does that count with the DMV?? We have a Reviver plate on a different car...
I don't think it'll stop you from getting a ticket if you drive in the HOV lane without stickers.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
They work great!!! Have not been pulled over at all. I use them when I know that I will be on the freeway and then take them off if Im cruising locally or going to the carwash.
Once my stickers arrive I plan on putting them magnets as well. The pre cut magnets on Amazon (the same ones from this thread I think) I read reviews and they said something about the company brand markings on the magnet side leaves a mark on the paint. So I just bought a magnets and will cut it myself.

Is that right?

KenStang21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I haven't seen any marks on the paint. Also, I don't leave them on all the time, so that might be a reason as to why. I usually keep two in my glove box and two in the cubie in the back area. Then I just put them on when I know I will b on the freeway for a good distance and take them off at the end of the day.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Once my stickers arrive I plan on putting them magnets as well. The pre cut magnets on Amazon (the same ones from this thread I think) I read reviews and they said something about the company brand markings on the magnet side leaves a mark on the paint. So I just bought a magnets and will cut it myself.

Is that right?
There seem to be 2 brands. The one with more reviews (HOV mags) has a few sketchy reviews, while the other one (Slap Pass) only has 4 reviews, with the 1 negative saying his Mach E doesn't have metal where required. The ones in this thread are the HOV mags brand. Maybe I'll get the other brand and report back in 4 months when I get my stickers!

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was three months
So i received my HOV lane stickers in the mail yesterday. I sent the application exactly a month and 12 days ago.

I just bought my own square blank magnet and made a cut out using the sticker as the stencil. I traced around the sticker and cut the magnet inside the line i traced. Worked out great.

But doing it this way, just make sure you line it up correctly the first time when applying the sticker. Because i messed up a little and pulled it off to start over and some of the sticker ink came off.

I didn't bother doing the small ones.

I don't HOV lane much. So itll be in the glove most of time. When i do, be good to have, and it would probably be crossing the Bay Bridge toll gate during traffic hours, good to just breeze through.

Last edited:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So i received my HOV lane stickers in the mail yesterday. I sent the application exactly a month and 12 days ago.
Dang I came back here to check since I remember mention of wait times - I'm up to a month and 10 days so I've been checking my bank now daily to look for check cashed but no dice.

I have had my magnets ready for stickers for weeks and would love to use the HOV lane next commute

How are the magnets still doing? No fall offs yet?

fkaSV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I used pre-cut versions of the 3M paint protection film. Bit "pricey" for simply being a cut part, but works really well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Q6L3QX5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make sure to put them on wet, that way you can really buff out any bubbles. Oh and put the HOV stickers on FIRST, then onto the car :)

Edit: the stickers came about 1 month later, although the first paperwork came back because I sent it with the temporary plates. They didn't like that -.-

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Edit: the stickers came about 1 month later, although the first paperwork came back because I sent it with the temporary plates. They didn't like that -.-
Oh noooooooooooooooo I sent mine in with the temporary plates because it was all I had! Goddammit maybe I should send in a new one and get back in line :(

fkaSV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Oh noooooooooooooooo I sent mine in with the temporary plates because it was all I had! Goddammit maybe I should send in a new one and get back in line :(
They send me a note to submit a new form. So I would recommend to just file another form with another check. I don't think that they hold your spot in line..

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They send me a note to submit a new form. So I would recommend to just file another form with another check. I don't think that they hold your spot in line..
Right, I mean get back in line - at the END of the line :(

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dang I came back here to check since I remember mention of wait times - I'm up to a month and 10 days so I've been checking my bank now daily to look for check cashed but no dice.

I have had my magnets ready for stickers for weeks and would love to use the HOV lane next commute

How are the magnets still doing? No fall offs yet?
I've used it once. They are good as long as the magnets is meant for rated for vehicles like company pool cars for their co name that drive around you good.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I waited till I got got my permanent plates before sending app in.

I was thinking about trying with the temp plates as someone did. But I knew my plates were coming in soon so just waited.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
i rather save time on my communte. I put 1 small sticker in the pasenger rear. that's it.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hmmm. The day after I sent my new form and check in with perma plate, they cashed my previous check. Fingers crossed that the stickers come soon.
Sponsored