David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Dealer applied for the stickers for me as part of the purchase process. I got them about 8 weeks after taking possession of the car. What's really nice/weird, is they were already issued with my personal plates assigned to them. I picked the car up on May 5th and had my personalized plates transferred to the car on May 31st, a couple of days after getting the regular plates for the car. Stickers arrived early July.

I mounted the stickers like so, using paint protection film underneath them. So far they've been sticking well to the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal tempImagenIT9xi
Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal tempImageYPK8qS
Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal tempImageSRb9hm
Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal tempImageXCqi8Q

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Dealer applied for the stickers for me as part of the purchase process. I got them about 8 weeks after taking possession of the car. What's really nice/weird, is they were already issued with my personal plates assigned to them. I picked the car up on May 5th and had my personalized plates transferred to the car on May 31st, a couple of days after getting the regular plates for the car. Stickers arrived early July.

I mounted the stickers like so, using paint protection film underneath them. So far they've been sticking well to the car.

Hey that's not as bad on the black trim portion!

I've noticed that the required position of the decals has changed (I think?). You have them in the spots currently shown on DMV site. But I feel like I have seen older diagram showing all 4 in the rear (sides and back). Regardless, I'm going to give the magnets a shot, and the only panel containing iron is that one upper side panel touching that top of the tri-bar tail lights. Nothing in the front has iron.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal 1662155771599

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ok I was right. No wonder I see these locations used on many cars in the bay area. This was on a forum in 2016:

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal 1662156460946

joely

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 MME Prem ER AWD DMG on order
Country flag
I applied with my temp plates (so did the dealer which I forgot and the DMV sent me the dealer's check back :oops:). Stickers came registered to my permanent plate... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I applied with my temp plates (so did the dealer which I forgot and the DMV sent me the dealer's check back :oops:). Stickers came with registered to my permanent plate... 🤷‍♂️
Congrats!

My app was sent Jul20, they cashed my check Aug31, it is Sep15 now and I have not received stickers yet.

joely

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 MME Prem ER AWD DMG on order
Country flag
Congrats!

My app was sent Jul20, they cashed my check Aug31, it is Sep15 now and I have not received stickers yet.
They must have gone to the bank with a big wad of checks because mine was also cashed on Aug 31. I just received my stickers today (Sept 15).

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Congrats!

Well it's Sep21 now and no stickers today so still waiting.

App mailed => check cashed: 42 days
Check cashed => stickers arrive: >21 days so far!

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Well it's Sep21 now and no stickers today so still waiting.

Check cashed => stickers arrive: >21 days so far!
There must be some kind of mess up. Is there a way a number to follow up? I'd probably start doing that

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Welp, the squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess! Day after I post again, it showed up. Easy to mount on magnet that was cut perfectly.

Check cashed => stickers arrive: >22 days

Also application submitted with temporary plates, registration came in with permanent plate number.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal 20220922_113612

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Welp, the squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess! Day after I post again, it showed up. Easy to mount on magnet that was cut perfectly.

Check cashed => stickers arrive: >22 days

Also application submitted with temporary plates, registration came in with permanent plate number.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle Decal 20220922_113612
Yup perfect!

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to get the clean air decal to use the HOV lane. I wouldn’t need it often, but there’s maybe a 7 mile stretch in my commute where using it could cut down 10-20 minutes. Besides that I would have my wife with me to use the HOV lane. The big thing that’s stopping me is the hideous sticker. I don’t understand why CA still uses stickers and makes you put so many on. I can’t justify slapping that thing on to ruin the beauty of the ME. I’ve been looking at other ways to put it on temporarily such as magnets or PPF, but I’m not sure if that would work. I would appreciate any suggestions on whether I should get it or not or even how to use a temporary fix that would work only when I need it
Just don't put the sticker on and keep the documentation in your car. Cali is lawless, just tell the cop you're poor and they'll let you off the hook. Kinda like the homeless guy in the mercedes sprinter van. They can't tow or ticket the guy because it's his "home".

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Anyone know if the decal technically makes it ok to use the HOV lane on bay area *expressways*? I tried googling and it thinks I want info on Express Lanes with tolls but I mean like San Tomas, Capitol, Lawrence Expressways, etc.

Bboylayz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I haven't seen any marks on the paint. Also, I don't leave them on all the time, so that might be a reason as to why. I usually keep two in my glove box and two in the cubie in the back area. Then I just put them on when I know I will b on the freeway for a good distance and take them off at the end of the day.
How do you stick them to the front? Can you take pics of the exact locations you stick them! Just ordered me some slap passes and figured I’d need to take off the bumpers and add some ferrous metal foil or something. But if you’re getting away with it in improper locations, maybe I’ll do the same.

KenStang21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I dont put them on the front. just the back . Knock on wood, it seems to work that way. Passed plenty of police officers and havent been hassled.