Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I too sent in my form over a month ago without any word from the DMV. I have since contacted my state representative for assistance. My wife had to do the same for her license renewal which was approaching 9 months without any word from the DMV. His staff was able to get it pushed through and it arrived in the mail 5 days later.

As for the sticker... I plan to put it on PPE like in the picture above and maybe attach it with magnets. It looks like you can get some strong rare Earth ones on Amazon for less than 10 bucks.
Sponsored

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Agree in-person should be great, but not when you have to wait four months for an appointment! The fact that mail-in service is so terrible shows me that they now have the worst possible set up to get anything accomplished. Even getting a read ID DL requires a bunch of online work and...wait for it...an appointment.
We just went through the process. upload the docs with our phone camera, didn't need to make an appointment. just printed out the confirmation and brought the same uploaded documents to the dmv. waited for about 5 min, because the printed confirmation us gave "appointment" status. showed them the docs and paid, took a new picture. whole time spent at dmv was approx. 15 min.

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
I too sent in my form over a month ago without any word from the DMV. I have since contacted my state representative for assistance. My wife had to do the same for her license renewal which was approaching 9 months without any word from the DMV. His staff was able to get it pushed through and it arrived in the mail 5 days later.

As for the sticker... I plan to put it on PPE like in the picture above and maybe attach it with magnets. It looks like you can get some strong rare Earth ones on Amazon for less than 10 bucks.
Do you have a link to the Earth ones you were talking about on Amazon?

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to get the clean air decal to use the HOV lane. I wouldn’t need it often, but there’s maybe a 7 mile stretch in my commute where using it could cut down 10-20 minutes. Besides that I would have my wife with me to use the HOV lane. The big thing that’s stopping me is the hideous sticker. I don’t understand why CA still uses stickers and makes you put so many on. I can’t justify slapping that thing on to ruin the beauty of the ME. I’ve been looking at other ways to put it on temporarily such as magnets or PPF, but I’m not sure if that would work. I would appreciate any suggestions on whether I should get it or not or even how to use a temporary fix that would work only when I need it
https://tesbros.com/products/hov-ppf

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
On my 2012 pruis in put it on the rear glass , I drove 160,000 miles in So. Cal. Never being pulled over. My buddy car we used thin flat
Plastic magnet sheet. Easy to cut to shape. He loved them, never fell off.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Please don't put those horrific stickers on the ME!!! Georgia has an electronic sticker that sits up by the stalk of the rearview mirror that is hidden by the mirror itself. I thought Cali was suppose to be be so intellectually advanced and us in the south the Dumb ones?!?!
Most of the California HOV lanes are not toll roads, so the only way to check is by visual markers like a sticker. If they were using lane readers at certain locations, then people would just get off before the reader. Some toll roads have options for window readers, but I don't believe it's too common.

I meant toll road and HOV readers, the toll roads all use window readers.

Last edited:

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
There is no way in hell I'm putting those janky stickers on my MME. I plan to keep the stickers and the ID they provide in my glove box. I figure as long as I'm not speeding (unlikely) I shouldn't have a problem. It's a calculated risk I'm willing to take to keep my MME looking like HOT FIRE ?.

As for the delays getting the stickers from the DMV, I'm not remotely surprised. As soon as I saw you had to mail in the form with a paper check I knew I was going to be in for the long haul. It is clear these requests are so far down the list of priorities they don't even bother doing it electronically. At the end of the day, there is little to no incentive for the DMV to process these requests in a timely manor.

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
Should this sticker be applied on top of ppf already on car?
IDK. Still waiting and waiting on my HOV stickers. My plan is to put it on the PPF then put the PPF on the vehicle, unless someone thinks that’s a terrible idea.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I'm going to go with this !!!!
Untitled.pngnwew one.png

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Regarding properly applying the 4 stickers, I have never even ONCE seen a car with the stickers properly applied, and I see at least a dozen cars with those stickers every day in SoCal. I sent in my forms for it 2 months ago but I’ve not yet decided if I’d put on the stickers or even if I’d put on all four.

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
Regarding properly applying the 4 stickers, I have never even ONCE seen a car with the stickers properly applied, and I see at least a dozen cars with those stickers every day in SoCal. I sent in my forms for it 2 months ago but I’ve not yet decided if I’d put on the stickers or even if I’d put on all four.
It’s hit or miss for me. I probably see just as many cars each day driving on the 5, 110, and 105 to work. Majority don’t have all of the stickers but I do see them here and there where they have all the stickers including the front. Just looks bad to me. I think I’m going to not get them and count on taking my kid to work to the child development center. He’ll be my +1 to use the HOV lane instead of the stickers.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK