Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As of today Gosch Ford in Temecula has 2 CR1s in dark gray matter and white available. There is a $7500 mark up… I asked what would be the payment without the mark up utilizing the Ford Option.Plan. He said it was $1098 with $3000 down. Not sure if that was right.
Sponsored

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
Villa Ford of Orange. I went to check out an iced blue GTPE fully loaded. $15k ADM.

And when I said no thanks and walked away, the dealer got obnoxious/aggressive.

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Villa Ford of Orange. I went to check out an iced blue GTPE fully loaded. $15k ADM.

And when I said no thanks and walked away, the dealer got obnoxious/aggressive.
The majority of dealers, like this example, seem more interested in making a fast buck than acting ethically and cultivating a loyal customer base.

I've found that the few dealers that DON'T charge ADM as a matter of policy are universally pleasant and accommodating to deal with. Clearly they are customer-oriented and often go the extra mile to respond to customer requests. Both my MME dealers (in two states) served as great examples of this: No ADM, X-Plan pricing, Ford Options financing, everything arranged ahead of time.

Not only will those dealers get my return business, but I refer other potential customers to them all the time. It's unfortunate there are so many examples of dealers at the other end of the spectrum. I'm glad we have this forum to identify and share our experiences with unscrupulous and ethical dealerships alike.

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
Eh. Whaddaya gonna do other than exercise your right as a consumer and walk away - as I did

They keep that ADM high, nobody buys, and their stock increases - we’ll get back to normal. Until they do it again of course.

The sales person being extra obnoxious was a comical bonus.
Sponsored