MWeber

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Santa Monica Ford was asking $7500 ADM on the 21 Premium I bought in March. We got them down to $5000 and got them to increase the offer on my trade in by another $2000. It was the only available Premium at any area dealership at that time, so we were willing to pay it, especially since my trade in $$ was nearly equal to what I had paid for the trade vehicle 2 years ago.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Here is some information from my experience:
1. Putnam Ford San Mateo - asking 15K or 10k ADM for GT. We closed deal with $5k ADM. Unfortunately , they do not offer Ford Options. (I bought '21 GT from them couple weeks ago. I had to play hard to get Credit Union financing rate)
2. Serramonte Ford - asking 10k ADM for GT. I could get it for 4k ADM. I had to play hard and be ready that managers may try cheap salesperson trick pushing for $6.5k ADM .
3. James Ford HMB - ADM from $3.5k to $6k.
4. Morgan Hill Ford - no delivery yet, but during next 4 weeks I should get dealer ordered GT and they agree to use X-plan and Ford Options.
5. Hilltop Ford, Richmond, ca - asking $10k-$15k adm. I was able to get California Route 1 from them for just $2.5k ADM and used Ford Options.

The hardest negotiation, because manager was trying to play hard were at Serramonte. If I was not greeted w I th $6.5k adm as "great deal" offer i would drive own GT this weekend. They ping me after I left room with acceptance of 4k ADM, but I was pissed...

The rest dealers it was easy to work with. I hope I could confirm Morgan Hill reputation soon :)

chrysler200

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE
Country flag
Here is some information from my experience:
1. Putnam Ford San Mateo - asking 15K or 10k ADM for GT. We closed deal with $5k ADM. Unfortunately , they do not offer Ford Options. (I bought '21 GT from them couple weeks ago. I had to play hard to get Credit Union financing rate)
2. Serramonte Ford - asking 10k ADM for GT. I could get it for 4k ADM. I had to play hard and be ready that managers may try cheap salesperson trick pushing for $6.5k ADM .
3. James Ford HMB - ADM from $3.5k to $6k.
4. Morgan Hill Ford - no delivery yet, but during next 4 weeks I should get dealer ordered GT and they agree to use X-plan and Ford Options.
5. Hilltop Ford, Richmond, ca - asking $10k-$15k adm. I was able to get California Route 1 from them for just $2.5k ADM and used Ford Options.

The hardest negotiation, because manager was trying to play hard were at Serramonte. If I was not greeted w I th $6.5k adm as "great deal" offer i would drive own GT this weekend. They ping me after I left room with acceptance of 4k ADM, but I was pissed...

The rest dealers it was easy to work with. I hope I could confirm Morgan Hill reputation soon :)

Hi
Whom did you work with at Putnam in San Mateo that gave you 5k adm for a GT? I'm considering buying at this dealer.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hi
Whom did you work with at Putnam in San Mateo that gave you 5k adm for a GT? I'm considering buying at this dealer.
Thanks in advance.
It was about a month ago. But why would you do business with them when you can drive over to Walnut Creek Ford, which never charges ADM?! Or The Ford Store Morgan Hill where they don’t believe in ADM?

We all need to reward the dealers that refuse to charge ADM with our business!

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
It was about a month ago. But why would you do business with them when you can drive over to Walnut Creek Ford, which never charges ADM?! Or The Ford Store Morgan Hill where they don’t believe in ADM?

We all need to reward the dealers that refuse to charge ADM with our business!
I did not have success with Walnut Creek Ford - when I was looking no available cars on lot of in transit.

Morgan Hill - i spent weeks to catch dealer ordered mme, still waiting when it arrives.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I was like you once, too.
Sure I would have loved to have gone to the no ADM dealers, but they didn't have the right car at the right time!
I spent months trying to find the car I ordered, first I was looking for a Premium, then decided to look for a GTPE. I could have had one exactly like my August order back in November at Auburn Ford for 5,000 ADM. they quickly changed the price on their website to 10,000 ADM but still said they would sell it to me for 5k ADM. I decided to wait it outfornmy ordered car (should be here soon) that I will have at X-plan and with Ford Options incentives. I continued to search up until the end of 2021 but finally gave up and decided that good things come to those who wait. Good luck finding one, I hope you have better luck than I did in my search!

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I spent months trying to find the car I ordered, first I was looking for a Premium, then decided to look for a GTPE. I could have had one exactly like my August order back in November at Auburn Ford for 5,000 ADM. they quickly changed the price on their website to 10,000 ADM but still said they would sell it to me for 5k ADM. I decided to wait it outfornmy ordered car (should be here soon) that I will have at X-plan and with Ford Options incentives. I continued to search up until the end of 2021 but finally gave up and decided that good things come to those who wait. Good luck finding one, I hope you have better luck than I did in my search!
Thanks, yup I was able to get what I wanted, luckily! Small ADM (less than the price increase of the 21 to 22 model year increase), sold my previous MME for a great price, got the Ford options $2500, and avoided that latest huge price increase in the ‘22 models and/or missing features.
With all of that, it made sense to jump on the GTPE I found in the color I wanted only an hour away!

Hope your car arrives soon, you’ll love it.

chrysler200

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE
Country flag
I did not have success with Walnut Creek Ford - when I was looking no available cars on lot of in transit.

Morgan Hill - i spent weeks to catch dealer ordered mme, still waiting when it arrives.
I would go anyplace in Bay Area that had no ADM if they had something ordered OR already on the lot, have not found many as most are charging a markup that have any inventory, I'm going by what inventory is on the dealership and/or Ford websites before contacting/going to a dealer.

There is a dealer, Rio Vista I think, charging a $20k markup, believe they will have a hard time getting that or getting many people coming in for a mach-e with that high of a ADM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I would go anyplace in Bay Area that had no ADM if they had something ordered OR already on the lot, have not found many as most are charging a markup that have any inventory, I'm going by what inventory is on the dealership and/or Ford websites before contacting/going to a dealer.

There is a dealer, Rio Vista I think, charging a $20k markup, believe they will have a hard time getting that or getting many people coming in for a mach-e with that high of a ADM.
The Ford website inventory finder is hopelessly outdated and misleading. Don’t rely on it. And if you wait to see a MME on a dealer’s website or lot, you’ll be waiting forever.

Your best bet is to find a dealer that doesn’t charge ADM and cultivate a friendship with one of their sales managers. Ask them to find you an abandoned order for an MME of your choice.

It may take a while and you’ll need to be patient. But call them occasionally and continue the cultivation process. Write the dealership owners/leadership and thank them for refusing to charge the ADM.

Eventually your patience will be rewarded and you’ll get the call. Then you’ll need to be the first one at the dealership! This approach has worked well for several of us on the Forum in California.

LBMachE

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium ER, 1966 Ford Mustang 289
Country flag
The Ford website inventory finder is hopelessly outdated and misleading. Don’t rely on it. And if you wait to see a MME on a dealer’s website or lot, you’ll be waiting forever.

Your best bet is to find a dealer that doesn’t charge ADM and cultivate a friendship with one of their sales managers. Ask them to find you an abandoned order for an MME of your choice.

It may take a while and you’ll need to be patient. But call them occasionally and continue the cultivation process. Write the dealership owners/leadership and thank them for refusing to charge the ADM.

Eventually your patience will be rewarded and you’ll get the call. Then you’ll need to be the first one at the dealership! This approach has worked well for several of us on the Forum in California.
good advice. Which forum in California are you referring to?

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Tonight I received a text message from Porterville Ford:

PF: Are you still looking for a Mustang Mach-E? [Accompanied by photos of a beautiful red GT]

Me: That looks like a GT. What's the MSRP and are you charging dealer markup?

PF: [Photo of window sticker showing MSRP: $67,230]

PF: Asking $82K

Me: 😂😂 $15K markup? No wonder it's still on the market. Thanks but no thanks.

PF: Yeah it just came in!

I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd already purchased an MME from a dealer that didn't charge ADM. What amazes me is that these dealers brazenly quote this kind of markup as if it was nothing out of the ordinary.

If the dealership model of selling cars disappears, as is already underway, this kind of business practice will be one of the reasons why...

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Tonight I received a text message from Porterville Ford:

PF: Are you still looking for a Mustang Mach-E? [Accompanied by photos of a beautiful red GT]

Me: That looks like a GT. What's the MSRP and are you charging dealer markup?

PF: [Photo of window sticker showing MSRP: $67,230]

PF: Asking $82K

Me: 😂😂 $15K markup? No wonder it's still on the market. Thanks but no thanks.

PF: Yeah it just came in!

I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd already purchased an MME from a dealer that didn't charge ADM. What amazes me is that these dealers brazenly quote this kind of markup as if it was nothing out of the ordinary.

If the dealership model of selling cars disappears, as is already underway, this kind of business practice will be one of the reasons why...

We're surprised here, but from everything most people read, dealer mark ups for hot/on lot cars sound normal now and when I listen to that car radio show on the weekends, that's pretty ordinary as well for pretty much most/all dealerships/manufacturers for in stock cars.

That dealer will probably sell that GT within 2 weeks.

My dealer seems to have $10-20k mark ups too for on-lot cars.

Main thing is many people ARE paying them so what really happens is they mark it up $15-20k, buyer negotiates it down to $5-10k, gets the car now and doesn't have to go through the delays/hassles/time (look at how much a lot of us waste here checking daily for status). Markups have been around forever, gas is still $6+/gallon in So Cal for premium. I have yet to see any dealers without markups in So Cal for non-ordered cars.

You also add in the situation of now, it's simply impossible to even ORDER a 2022 Mustang Mach-E and for people who need an EV now, your options are super limited. Premiums and CaRt1s seem extremely rare when I check the inventory in general. Also, used cars are sold for ~$5k-$10k already so for folks with more $$ than time, they are happy to pay.

Had a co-worker get a GT and dealer wanted $90k+, ended up paying $75k+ and felt it was a deal.

I personally think buying a car is a single transactional thing and if a manufacturer has a hot product, I don't think enough buyers would care for the dealership model pains since most people are not buying new cars every few months and probably aren't interacting with their dealer much/ever after.

I'm not against ADM per se, just against cheats/tricks/hassles/ADM for ordered surprise priced cars.

Tesla raised prices by 10k+ on the MY in 1 year and they have no trouble getting people to buy.
Sponsored