Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Curious to see how this goes or will there be too many political, legal challenges. That's definitively enough time to transition.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/09/23/g...-in-californias-fight-against-climate-change/
I am very interested too. As California goes so goes the nation regarding the emissions laws. They have been in lawsuits to prevent the administration from dropping the emissions standards we have now. With our state still on fire from one of the worst fire seasons we have had. I am grateful he is taking this step. The smoke has only just cleared away in our area.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am very interested too. As California goes so goes the nation regarding the emissions laws. They have been in lawsuits to prevent the administration from dropping the emissions standards we have now. With our state still on fire from one of the worst fire seasons we have had. I am grateful he is taking this step. The smoke has only just cleared away in our area.
Some people support the idea of invading the wrong country when 19 idiots take box cutters on 4 airliners, but refuse to accept a clear and present danger supported by decades of evidence. For that reason the legislators in California and elsewhere have to change behaviors before it is too late to avert far more serious consequences (economic or otherwise).

Last edited:

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Some people support the idea of invading the wrong country when 19 idiots take box cutters on 4 airliners, but refuse to accept a clear and present danger supported by decades of evidence. For that reason the adults in California and elsewhere have to change behaviors before it is too late to avert far more serious consequences (economic or otherwise).
The @Administrator said no politics.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am grateful he is taking this step.
How do I counter this statement without making it political? I can say I don't like it but then there is no reason why. So then I say, the governor should not be able to unilaterally ban the sale of anything. Now I just entered the political arena.
Some people support the idea of invading the wrong country when 19 idiots take box cutters on 4 airliners,
This is a similar situation. I believe that to be a simplification and a false represenation of history. How do I debate that without it being political.

For that reason the adults in California and elsewhere have to change behaviors before it is too late to avert far more serious consequences (economic or otherwise).
Same with the "adults" in California. Implying if you disagree with this action, you're a child.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Implying that someone is being childish is not a statement of politics, it is a rebuke of those who imperil others due to shortsighted selfishness.

Nonpolitical facts:
  1. The recognition that CO2 acts as a blanket/greenhouse was first established in the 1850's
  2. Calculations predicting earth's temperature relative to CO2 were done in the 1960's and proved relatively accurate.
  3. The current level of atmospheric CO2 is now higher than it has been in tens of millions of years, and rising faster than at any time since the permian extinction
  4. Once the ice sheets are gone, it will be eons before they come back
  5. That melted ice will swamp coastal regions worldwide, where a huge portion of humanity lives
  6. Unchecked, huge swaths of currently productive farmland will go fallow from climate change.
  7. Large numbers of people will suffer when that farmland fails, creating huge numbers of refugees.
One of the roles of government is to mitigate disasters. Sometimes that requires sacrifices such as rationing and drafts during war time. Sometimes it means evacuation orders in the face of a hurricane. Sometimes it requires legislation like banning leaded gasoline or asbestos. And sometimes it means legislating the reduction of CO2 when bribing, pleading and educating don't work.

Last edited:

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Some people support the idea of invading the wrong country when 19 idiots take box cutters on 4 airliners, but refuse to accept a clear and present danger supported by decades of evidence. For that reason the adults in California and elsewhere have to change behaviors before it is too late to avert far more serious consequences (economic or otherwise).
So I get my post deleted by the administrator because I say “Democratic People’s Republic of California”....but this post is fine? Whatever.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Implying that someone is being childish is not a statement of politics, it is a rebuke of those who imperil others due to shortsightedness.

Nonpolitical facts:
  1. The recognition that CO2 acts as a blanket/greenhouse was first established in the 1850's
  2. Calculations predicting earth's temperature relative to CO2 were done in the 1960's and proved relatively accurate.
  3. The current level of atmospheric CO2 is now higher than it has been in tens of millions of years, and rising faster than at any time since the permian extinction
  4. Once the ice sheets are gone, it will be eons before they come back
  5. That melted ice will swamp coastal regions worldwide, where a huge portion of humanity lives
  6. Unchecked, huge swaths of currently productive farmland will go fallow from climate change.
  7. Large numbers of people will suffer when that farmland fails, creating huge numbers of refugees.
One of the roles of government is to mitigate disasters. Sometimes that requires sacrifices such as rationing and drafts during war time. Sometimes it means evacuation orders in the face of a hurricane. Sometimes it requires legislation like banning leaded gasoline or asbestos. And sometimes it means legislating the reduction of CO2 when bribing, pleading and educating don't work.
Agreed!

The facts of climate change and the problems it causes are science. The policies governments choose to solve the problems is politics.

Buying a BEV is a personal action that makes perfect sense. For me, that BEV will soon be a Mustang Mach E.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Note the shade that throws on the white car to the Mach E's left. #notanautomaker
I don't see any white car to Mach-E's left. It's a computer from a software maker, right? Weird that the computer was allowed to occupy a space meant for car parking.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed!

The facts of climate change and the problems it causes are science. The policies governments choose to solve the problems is politics.

Buying a BEV is a personal action that makes perfect sense. For me, that BEV will soon be a Mustang Mach E.
I don't disagree with that statement at all.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag