Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng

866-984-2532

So I completed the application today for the California Clean Air Rebate. When you look at the site it's a bit overwhelming but turns out not to be as bad as it seems at first. The Mustang Mach e is listed as a qualified vehicle on the site ($2,000 rebate). There is a $300,000 gross income limit for couples filing jointly - if there are other income sources from other members in the household you must state that too. You use 2019 federal income data as your source for gross income (lines 1 thru 6 on 1040 form). You first fill out the application on line after you create an account - they assign an account number which works as your user name and you pick your own password. Once you complete the application, which is pretty straight forward, you then print the application for signing and then uploading. You need to upload 4 items (your contract - but I called the program - and you only need the first few pages that show the purchase - they do not want the endless pages of "terms and conditions," or things like and extended warranty or maintenance agreement. So my 40 plus pages was reduced to a total of four pages. The women emphasized that the 4 pages need to uploaded as one file - not separate pages. I used the notes app on my iPhone which will scan and save pages as a PDF.) You print the signature page of your application and upload that - not the entire application. You also need to upload your driver's license as a proof of residency and separate proof of registration. There are several different ways to satisfy the registration - so you don't need to peel off the temporary one on the car window. There is a link in the site to the different documents that will satisfy this - I used the one page Application for Registration of New Vehicle that was provided by the dealer. There are also links on the site of examples of how to fill the forms out. Once you have uploaded the four items, you then push submit; you will then get a confirmation notice and an email that says they got your documents. Once submitted, they will review your application and notify you of any problems (if any) and whether you need to submit form 4506-C (IVES Request for Transcript of Tax Return). If you do, they will populate the form, and you will download and sign it and upload to them. This gives them authority to check with the IRS to if your gross income information is correct. IVES = Income Verification Express Service. She also emphasized that if you make mistakes, they will work with you to solve the problems. She also said to call with any questions. Hope this helps someone. PS - this is how long it takes to get your money:

• Applications not selected for income verification: 70 calendar days.
  • Applications selected for income verification: 138 calendar days.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Good info thanks.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thank you. For some reason, I was thinking the CA one was like the Fed where you get it when you file the taxes. Extra $2000 is nothing to sneeze at. ? Thanks again.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng

866-984-2532

So I completed the application today for the California Clean Air Rebate. When you look at the site it's a bit overwhelming but turns out not to be as bad as it seems at first. The Mustang Mach e is listed as a qualified vehicle on the site ($2,000 rebate). There is a $300,000 gross income limit for couples filing jointly - if there are other income sources from other members in the household you must state that too. You use 2019 federal income data as your source for gross income (lines 1 thru 6 on 1040 form). You first fill out the application on line after you create an account - they assign an account number which works as your user name and you pick your own password. Once you complete the application, which is pretty straight forward, you then print the application for signing and then uploading. You need to upload 4 items (your contract - but I called the program - and you only need the first few pages that show the purchase - they do not want the endless pages of "terms and conditions," or things like and extended warranty or maintenance agreement. So my 40 plus pages was reduced to a total of four pages. The women emphasized that the 4 pages need to uploaded as one file - not separate pages. I used the notes app on my iPhone which will scan and save pages as a PDF.) You print the signature page of your application and upload that - not the entire application. You also need to upload your driver's license as a proof of residency and separate proof of registration. There are several different ways to satisfy the registration - so you don't need to peel off the temporary one on the car window. There is a link in the site to the different documents that will satisfy this - I used the one page Application for Registration of New Vehicle that was provided by the dealer. There are also links on the site of examples of how to fill the forms out. Once you have uploaded the four items, you then push submit; you will then get a confirmation notice and an email that says they got your documents. Once submitted, they will review your application and notify you of any problems (if any) and whether you need to submit form 4506-C (IVES Request for Transcript of Tax Return). If you do, they will populate the form, and you will download and sign it and upload to them. This gives them authority to check with the IRS to if your gross income information is correct. IVES = Income Verification Express Service. She also emphasized that if you make mistakes, they will work with you to solve the problems. She also said to call with any questions. Hope this helps someone. PS - this is how long it takes to get your money:

• Applications not selected for income verification: 70 calendar days.
  • Applications selected for income verification: 138 calendar days.
Great summary and should be a sticky - not an easy process! Again...California!

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Great summary and should be a sticky - not an easy process! Again...California!
Thanks Krafty - after I went though the whole process I just thought I should write this down to see if others could benefit.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
All these Rebate and Grant options in CA are awesome... But confusing. So this entire time I've had my MME reservation I've been thinking I didn't qualify for the California Rebate Program, due to having gotten a rebate last year for my Fusion. After some checking today it turns out that was a Clean FUEL Rebate via PG&E. I did my Clean VEHICLE Rebate in 2018. Now I'm trying to decipher this jargon from the website to see if I'm eligible to apply again in 2021. I think so, but so many here have made multiple PHEV and BEV purchases I figured I'd ask. Here is the website phrasing for eligibility (One of many requirements, but I'm well under the income threshold unfortunately lol):

"Individual and business applicants are not eligible to receive more than one CVRP rebate either via direct purchase and/or lease as of December 3, 2019. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, will be eligible for one additional rebate. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit will remain ineligible for an additional rebate."

I read this as the program reset in December 2019, allowing everyone one more rebate. Since mine was in 2018 I should be good, right?

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
All these Rebate and Grant options in CA are awesome... But confusing. So this entire time I've had my MME reservation I've been thinking I didn't qualify for the California Rebate Program, due to having gotten a rebate last year for my Fusion. After some checking today it turns out that was a Clean FUEL Rebate via PG&E. I did my Clean VEHICLE Rebate in 2018. Now I'm trying to decipher this jargon from the website to see if I'm eligible to apply again in 2021. I think so, but so many here have made multiple PHEV and BEV purchases I figured I'd ask. Here is the website phrasing for eligibility (One of many requirements, but I'm well under the income threshold unfortunately lol):

"Individual and business applicants are not eligible to receive more than one CVRP rebate either via direct purchase and/or lease as of December 3, 2019. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, will be eligible for one additional rebate. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit will remain ineligible for an additional rebate."

I read this as the program reset in December 2019, allowing everyone one more rebate. Since mine was in 2018 I should be good, right?
I have the exact same question. I have received two of these rebates, with the last one being in January 2019. So did a reset and I get one more bite at the apple or should I put the car in my wife's name?

CaPhil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium SR, Star White
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
I submitted my application today. Process is lengthy but not very difficult.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
The option to get preapproved through Rebate Now is currently available for San Diego County residents who have not yet purchased or leased their vehicle.

Doesn't help Norcal folks yet.