Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Too bad there is not a “First Edition” badge on the outside of the car...

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Too bad there is not a “First Edition” badge on the outside of the car...
I was hoping they'd secretly add one, but it doesn't look like it. I am somewhat bummed that the only FE moniker is the sill plates.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I was hoping they'd secretly add one, but it doesn't look like it. I am somewhat bummed that the only FE moniker is the sill plates.
...and the red calipers.

Neromanceres

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Nice I only wish the California Route 1 edition had a "winter package" option to give it heated seats and steering wheel and it would be the ideal vehicle for me.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Nice I only wish the California Route 1 edition had a "winter package" option to give it heated seats and steering wheel and it would be the ideal vehicle for me.
Isn't that the same as RWD ER Premium?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
...and the red calipers.
... and the body color mirror caps and wheel lips, sometimes the GB color ...

Plenty of cues for people in the know (members of macheforum.com!) to spot a FE.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sharp, I like it. Wish they had an AWD Rt1. Still might buy one after the fact and throw it on my FE.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I grew up in Northern California quite close to highway 1. I really wanted the Route 1 but wanted AWD More.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Same for me. I will never ever buy an EV without heated seats. I've had ICE vehicles with heated seats...never used them. Passengers loved using that feature....but I never liked it. That all changed when we purchased our PHEV and BEV. Now I believe heated seats are a total necessity in any BEV or PHEV. That feature allows me to precondition the cabin and then drive with climate control off, which of course drastically minimizes the impact to my range. Just having the one heated seat keeps me comfortable the entire trip. No reason to heat the entire cabin if I am the only one in the car...

When I was making my reservation....I had CR1 selected, then I saw that heated seats wasn't available or AWD. So, I selected Select SR AWD.....but wasn't sure if heated seats could be added. So, I went with a Premium to be sure. Got stuck with a 99 priority code FE in the end so this is a case of too many choices spoiled the brew. :) I might as well try for a GT next since it's not possible to get exactly what I want. AWD, SR, Heated seats, body color mirror and wheel openings, solid roof, Active X interior with contrasting stitching, light interior, Co-pilot features, electric lift gate and the sound system. Correct me if I am wrong.....but there isn't a Mach E version with all those things.....is there?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Same for me. I will never ever buy an EV without heated seats. I've had ICE vehicles with heated seats...never used them. Passengers loved using that feature....but I never liked it. That all changed when we purchased our PHEV and BEV. Now I believe heated seats are a total necessity in any BEV or PHEV. That feature allows me to precondition the cabin and then drive with climate control off, which of course drastically minimizes the impact to my range. Just having the one heated seat keeps me comfortable the entire trip. No reason to heat the entire cabin if I am the only one in the car...

When I was making my reservation....I had CR1 selected, then I saw that heated seats wasn't available or AWD. So, I selected Select SR AWD.....but wasn't sure if heated seats could be added. So, I went with a Premium to be sure. Got stuck with a 99 priority code FE in the end so this is a case of too many choices spoiled the brew. :) I might as well try for a GT next since it's not possible to get exactly what I want. AWD, SR, Heated seats, body color mirror and wheel openings, solid roof, Active X interior with contrasting stitching, light interior, Co-pilot features, electric lift gate and the sound system. Correct me if I am wrong.....but there isn't a Mach E version with all those things.....is there?
I thought that way when I had the Focus Electric: No need to heat the cabin when I can use so much less electricity just heating the seat. That still got tiring over time on those really cold January and February days here in Michigan.

Once I got the Bolt I rarely use seat heat--just set the cabin temp to what I want and drive it. The extra range is such that the loss due to heating the cabin just doesn't matter as much as it did when it would use almost 30% of the battery.

Thus I did go with the CA Route 1 even though I'm pretty far away from California.

And you other people planning on buying the badge and putting it on your other Mach-E's: shame on you LOL. Really a "First Edition" isn't good enough, have to add CA Route 1 as well...!
Sponsored