Call from Dealer in reference to Ford Dealer rep.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
On Thursday July, 30th, I got a call from my dealer who is handling my Mach-E order and the New Car Representative said the Ford Rep. told him that anyone with a Premium Reservation, had to be ordered quickly, as Ford was trying to get a number for production and after a certain date (which he didn't know/didn't give me) they would not be taking any more orders for Premiums so they could presumably begin producing those early rezzies, and after that anyone who ordered after that point wouldn't get one... for a while.

Now, I tried to clarify by saying, "this is just for early rezzie holders, not that they aren't going to be making anymore Premiums, but they want people to order so they can get a number ballpark for production", and he agreed.

So, I don't know if any one else got a call like that or not but I told my dealer I was gonna hold off, as we've made the decision to upgrade from the 58k Premium to the 60,500k GT... in CYBER ORANGE!

Just trying to keep all the info out there.

Good luck everyone!

Mark
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I was almost in the same boat considering waiting for a GT in orange, but ultimately there wasn't enough info on the cost of features that are standard with the premium.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The local dealer here has never once initiated contact with me. Neither email nor phone. They’d never provide that information to us. I actually have my doubts that they’ll call to let me know my MME is here and available for pickup.

So I’m glad someone is getting information! :)

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
The local dealer here has never once initiated contact with me. Neither email nor phone. They’d never provide that information to us. I actually have my doubts that they’ll call to let me know my MME is here and available for pickup.

So I’m glad someone is getting information! :)
Yeah. This was actually the third call I've received in conjunction with my MME rezzie.
And I was in last Monday, 7-21, to ask about the trade-in price they'd give me for my 64,000 mile 2012 Mustang GT Premium... so I may have to Marshall the resources tied up in that car to really parlay that value, plus my savings, plus the Federal EV rebate into a new MME GT.
It saddens me, but it may be time as the old girl is approaching 10 years old with not one thing ever going wrong with her... but time is a car's enemy and if I really want this MME, she may have to go.

But my dealer has really been proactive.

Harvey's

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer stinks. I called they never call back Pines Ford in FL. They do not Know anything

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
On Thursday July, 30th, I got a call from my dealer who is handling my Mach-E order and the New Car Representative said the Ford Rep. told him that anyone with a Premium Reservation, had to be ordered quickly, as Ford was trying to get a number for production and after a certain date (which he didn't know/didn't give me) they would not be taking any more orders for Premiums so they could presumably begin producing those early rezzies, and after that anyone who ordered after that point wouldn't get one... for a while.

Now, I tried to clarify by saying, "this is just for early rezzie holders, not that they aren't going to be making anymore Premiums, but they want people to order so they can get a number ballpark for production", and he agreed.

So, I don't know if any one else got a call like that or not but I told my dealer I was gonna hold off, as we've made the decision to upgrade from the 58k Premium to the 60,500k GT... in CYBER ORANGE!

Just trying to keep all the info out there.

Good luck everyone!

Mark
i am lost on this. You can not get a car if you have reservation, but i can go buy one on the lot, for any of them other than the GT

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
i am lost on this. You can not get a car if you have reservation, but i can go buy one on the lot, for any of them other than the GT
Of course you're lost. You necro'd a thread. That post was from August last year.