Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping with Mach-e - tent extension campin

Took her camping last week with the tent extension. This required the hatch up and open during camping. I noticed at night that there would occasionally be noise form the front of the vehicle similar to when I release the parking brake, and then the screens would illuminate as if someone had just entered the vehicle. Not awesome when trying to sleep. I wondered if it was debris hitting the car from the trees. Otherwise it was a great experience.

Any ideas on how to optimally sleep the car during camping. I've searched the manual, but find that the search algorithm is challenging to find such specific items. I've camped in the Model Y and expected a more similar experience. So I have some learning yet to do on the new rig, but loving it so far (except my first car wash experience, that was embarrassing. N has always meant Neutral in my car experience, but now I know).

Glad to find this forum to learn with other owners.

Cheers, Terri
Sponsored

OP
OP
NihtCat

NihtCat

First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Possibly the PAAK or FOB kept waking the vehicle.
I had both with me in the car. I didn't want to rely on my spotty AT&T signal in the woods with the iPhone, it's already let me down once when I didn't have the FOB. That makes the most sense. It seemed to do it ~3X after we snuggled in and then finally slept for the rest of the night (Or I did and just didn't notice anymore incidents). I plan to do lots of camping in this car so hopefully I can find a way to help the car start it's sleep with us.

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
I had both with me in the car. I didn't want to rely on my spotty AT&T signal in the woods with the iPhone, it's already let me down once when I didn't have the FOB. That makes the most sense. It seemed to do it ~3X after we snuggled in and then finally slept for the rest of the night (Or I did and just didn't notice anymore incidents). I plan to do lots of camping in this car so hopefully I can find a way to help the car start it's sleep with us.
Can you get one of those "blocker baggie" things that blocks signal and drop the fob in there? That might work.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
We went camping with ours but didn't need a tent...(our tent is at left).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping with Mach-e - tent extension DSC_0005

It was fun seeing everyone turn their heads and look as we drove through the campground LOL.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping with Mach-e - tent extension DSC_0005

Took her camping last week with the tent extension. This required the hatch up and open during camping. I noticed at night that there would occasionally be noise form the front of the vehicle similar to when I release the parking brake, and then the screens would illuminate as if someone had just entered the vehicle. Not awesome when trying to sleep. I wondered if it was debris hitting the car from the trees. Otherwise it was a great experience.

Any ideas on how to optimally sleep the car during camping. I've searched the manual, but find that the search algorithm is challenging to find such specific items. I've camped in the Model Y and expected a more similar experience. So I have some learning yet to do on the new rig, but loving it so far (except my first car wash experience, that was embarrassing. N has always meant Neutral in my car experience, but now I know).

Glad to find this forum to learn with other owners.

Cheers, Terri
Did you happen to try camping again? Or any other updates since your first experience? Also, what tent do you have and would you recommend it? Thanks!!

OP
OP
NihtCat

NihtCat

First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Did you happen to try camping again? Or any other updates since your first experience? Also, what tent do you have and would you recommend it? Thanks!!
The tent was a Christmas gift, it's a Napier Sportz SUV tent. It's fast to assemble and no scratches to the car which was a worry when I first got it. Worked great. Taking it out again for the week of July 4th.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I watched the video and just have to ask,
If you’re taking the time to set up a tent, why bother attaching it to your car? Seems like a needless extra step. Especially when I see all the ways you have to connect the tent to the roof rack, the wheel well, and the hood. What’s the gain over a tent that you don’t attach to the car?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
I watched the video and just have to ask,
If you’re taking the time to set up a tent, why bother attaching it to your car? Seems like a needless extra step. Especially when I see all the ways you have to connect the tent to the roof rack, the wheel well, and the hood. What’s the gain over a tent that you don’t attach to the car?
Attached to the car you can use the car's HVAC for climate controlling the inside of the tent.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
We took our Mach-E camping over Memorial day weekend.

The campground was 200 miles away. The wife drove the Mach-E and I drove the RV (won't be doing much of that as we have a dolly and can tow her Escape this trip was just a "I want to bring my Mach-E" LOL).

For our CA Rt1 this came out to less than the 2/3 of a charge you would predict (arrived at the campground with approx 40% remaining after 200 miles).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping with Mach-e - tent extension 1624067951724

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Attached to the car you can use the car's HVAC for climate controlling the inside of the tent.
Now there’s a serious battery drain. Let’s just heat/cool this big uninsulated space ?
Sponsored