Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve tried virtually everywhere that I can think of to find a set of winter tires that will fit the 19 inch wheels of the premium awd MME. While driving around our area after the first measurable snow of the year, Im convinced the MME needs winter tires to safely handle snow/ice conditions with the car’s narrow wheels. Do any of you know where there are available winter tires that will fit this odd size?
Sponsored

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I went with TireRack 225/55R-19 MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW SUV XL, running them on the OEM wheels

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
or, Continental WinterContact TS 860 S | 225/55R19

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I’ve tried virtually everywhere that I can think of to find a set of winter tires that will fit the 19 inch wheels of the premium awd MME. While driving around our area after the first measurable snow of the year, Im convinced the MME needs winter tires to safely handle snow/ice conditions with the car’s narrow wheels. Do any of you know where there are available winter tires that will fit this odd size?
Narrow wheels/tires are better in winter conditions fyi. A long, narrow contact patch is better in those conditions than a wider one.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
225/55R19 is not an odd size. I work for an independent tire dealer in CT and there are many stock-outs due to supply chain.

OP
OP

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I went with TireRack 225/55R-19 MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW SUV XL, running them on the OEM wheels
Thanks everyone for the information. I just ordered the MICHELIN X-ICE SUV XL from TireRack. Now that I’ve ordered snow tires it’s supposed to set record high temperatures tomorrow here in NE Iowa. The predictions are in the upper 60’s.
Sponsored