Can’t get chargepoint charger to work?

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
Hello on a road trip and I can’t get a chargepoint charger to work. The mache charge indicators flash red and I get a charge station error. Is there some way to charge manually?
Sponsored

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Did you download the ChargePoint App - it should work if FordPass fails.

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
Did you download the ChargePoint App - it should work if FordPass fails.
i tried that. I start the charge with charge point app plug in then it starts flashing red :(

• Sad
Reactions: JSW

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I’ve had this happen on a chargepoint DCFC when it wasn’t fully plugged in. Unplug it and try again, wiggle the connector slightly as you plug it in to help it fully engage.

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
I’ve had this happen on a chargepoint DCFC when it wasn’t fully plugged in. Unplug it and try again, wiggle the connector slightly as you plug it in to help it fully engage.
Got back from my road trip. In total, I charged 4 times. 3 Stops at 150 kW Electrify America stations. Tried 3 different ChargePoint stations. One worked, two did not. Do the charge point stations need to be in the fordpass network? The one that worked was and the ones that did not were not on it.

Here is my report:
  1. Electrify America #1 - Plug in charge worked - got charging fault message on car after stopping
  2. ChargePoint #1 (out of ford network)- Couldn't get charge to start - tried charge point app and credit card. Plugged and replugged many times
  3. Electriy America #2 - Plug in charge failed - needed to manually activate with ford pass app
  4. ChargePoint #2 (out of ford network) - Couldn't get charge to start - tried charge point app and credit card. Plugged and replugged many times - talked with charge point customer service
  5. ChargePoint #3 (in ford network) - Charge worked fine - started with charge point app without issue
  6. Electricy America #3 - Only tried manually activating which worked - got charge fault after stopping again
Sponsored