Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I saw on the power up wiki page that 3.6.2 added the ability for our cars to precondition the battery while we are en route to a dcfc using the built in navigation. Can anyone confirm that this is 100% accurate? I would think Ford would have put something in the release notes but I did not see anything
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I saw on the power up wiki page that 3.6.2 added the ability for our cars to precondition the battery while we are en route to a dcfc using the built in navigation. Can anyone confirm that this is 100% accurate? I would think Ford would have put something in the release notes but I did not see anything
Insiders here have confirmed and people have seen it do this via OBDII scanner, so yes, it does. It does not seem to be beneficial unless it's really cold out though.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Confirmed by a Ford rep
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes I've confirmed it, full test results here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ing-taking-requests.24393/page-10#post-593857

How to use it (scroll down): https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-lees-cold-weather-charging-strategies.24548/

It is relatively slow and limited to a short duration due to the 30 km geofence.

OP
OP
hbirring01

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks everyone! That's really weird the way the implemented it and didn't say anything about it. Oh well thanks again everyone!

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
I agree with you that detail should have been mentioned in capital letters so that people use fords navigation when using DCFC

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I can absolutely confirm it.
Sponsored