Can I use my FordPass rewards to get a discount on the Ford Connected Charger?

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I just bought my Mach-E yesterday and I'm about to order the Ford Connected Charge Station. But as I understand it, I should get about 22,000 rewards points for buying the car (the points haven't appeared in my account yet - how long did it take for other people's rewards to appear?)

But once the rewards are available, can they be applied to the purchase of a Ford Connected Charge Station?
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I just bought my Mach-E yesterday and I'm about to order the Ford Connected Charge Station. But as I understand it, I should get about 22,000 rewards points for buying the car (the points haven't appeared in my account yet - how long did it take for other people's rewards to appear?)

But once the rewards are available, can they be applied to the purchase of a Ford Connected Charge Station?
Don’t know if you can use it for that but the points showed up in our account within a few days of our purchase.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I haven’t received points and purchased my car in April. ?‍♂

OP
OP
billy_at

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I see this two-year complimentary access described in two places:

a Ford website ("You won’t need to pay or sign up for multiple charge networks. Ford gives you two years of complimentary access to the FordPass Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-drive charging")

a Charged EVs article ("Mustang Mach-E customers also get two years of free charging at stations participating in the FordPass Charging Network. This includes over 13,500 charging stations belonging to various networks, including Electrify America.")

The article is from June 2020, so it's admittedly a bit old, but the Ford website is still up.

Is anyone successfully getting complimentary charging in the FordPass network?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
But as I understand it, I should get about 22,000 rewards points for buying the car
Yes, that's correct.

how long did it take for other people's rewards to appear?
For me, it was a few days at most. I made sure to give the dealer the email address associated with my FordPass Rewards account. Others have had problems, typically from having mixed up their email with their spouse's email and so on.

can they be applied to the purchase of a Ford Connected Charge Station?
Yes, if you buy it through a local dealer's service department.

Is anyone successfully getting complimentary charging in the FordPass network?
Yes, through Electrify America. You get a 250 kWh credit. That may take several weeks to appear in your FordPass Charging Network account (which you would first need to activate before the fuel is credited).

ALL of this has been discussed A LOT here on the forum. Welcome! Congrats on your new car... Please use the search box to check out common questions and you can also follow up in those existing posts to bring those discussions back to life.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Heads up to anyone that didn't get their points: The points go to an "account" under whatever email you gave the dealership on the paperwork. For instance I gave them an old email because I know dealerships sell your email to warranty places etc. Even though I never made a Ford account with that email and signed up for FordPass with a separate email, added the car on that email, and redeemed the points on that account, the agent in chat said the points had gone to the email I only used on dealership paperwork.
You have to go into chat or call them to get a transfer- takes 2-3 business days to transfer.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My Wife had 2 Ford email accounts which created a big problem for us when I tried to activate her Fordpass Plug and Charge! I tried to delete the one associated with her C-Max but Ford would not let me do that! I ended up switching that account into my name and then had to cancel and re enroll to get Plug and Charge activated.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I think my problem is on the dealer end somehow. Only one pre-existing Ford account with the correct email. The warranty start date is not correct in the app either. I need to buzz the dealer.
Sponsored