Can someone who has taken delivery post the American Automotive Labeling Act sticker?

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric
Country flag
Just to entertain my curiosity, I'd like to see the sticker on a Mach E that shows the final assembly point, parts content by country, and source of the zoom-y bits.

Ford apparently has not submitted the information to NHTSA yet as of this writing. https://www.nhtsa.gov/part-583-american-automobile-labeling-act-reports

Attached an example from the EcoSport as well...

20180905_083425.jpg
Sponsored

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
An issue is that these may be removed before customer delivery, even though it says remove by customer. I took a picture of it from my last car before they took it to prepare for delivery.

OP
OP
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric
Country flag
An issue is that these may be removed before customer delivery, even though it says remove by customer. I took a picture of it from my last car before they took it to prepare for delivery.
Eh, what's a violation of federal law amongst friends? ?

I'm sure 99% of customers don't care one iota and appreciate the dealer removing it. I'm just in the 1%; Bernie is going to yell at me now.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Here you go:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Can someone who has taken delivery post the American Automotive Labeling Act sticker? 304EEBFE-87DD-4E0D-A4FB-09969DEECBC9

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m surprised that the parts content is so Mexican, I didn’t realize Mexico’s component industry was so developed.
Well, it doesn’t actually have an engine or transmission, so maybe those just get set to Mexico because that’s where the plant is. Or maybe the battery pack being assembled in Mexico tips the scales. Does anyone know if the motors are made in Mexico?

OP
OP
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric
Country flag
Thank you! Very interesting, I thought the battery was coming from Poland and it would show up in the parts content, but maybe not!

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well, it doesn’t actually have an engine or transmission, so maybe those just get set to Mexico because that’s where the plant is. Or maybe the battery pack being assembled in Mexico tips the scales. Does anyone know if the motors are made in Mexico?
BorgWarner has extensive operations in Mexico, would make sense they'd make the drive units there.

Reactions: ARK

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Thank you! Very interesting, I thought the battery was coming from Poland and it would show up in the parts content, but maybe not!
The cells are coming from Poland - LG probably doesn't supply the completed battery, just the cells. When the cells are turned into a battery pack inside Mexico, do they count suddenly as Mexican for this calculation, I wonder?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Eh, what's a violation of federal law amongst friends? ?

I'm sure 99% of customers don't care one iota and appreciate the dealer removing it. I'm just in the 1%; Bernie is going to yell at me now.
I very much care. Outsourcing to make a quick buck is killing this country's future. Unfortunately there are enough other distractions so no one notices.
Sponsored