Can we get the US-sidemarkers on our EU-cars?

Ørjan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic silver Mach-e
Country flag
Is there a way for us to get the amber sidemarker on our cars? Is it coding, or do we need the complete headlamp?

2021-mustang-mach-e-live-image.jpg

The rear sidemarkers should be as easy as to swap the amber reflector and replace with the US-sidemarker I guess.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Is there a way for us to get the amber sidemarker on our cars? Is it coding, or do we need the complete headlamp?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can we get the US-sidemarkers on our EU-cars? 2021-mustang-mach-e-live-image

The rear sidemarkers should be as easy as to swap the amber reflector and replace with the US-sidemarker I guess.
The entire light assembly sells as one piece in the US for a mere $1600.

OP
OP

Ørjan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic silver Mach-e
Country flag
The rear sidemarkers was only $36.82 each, so I’m hoping that it is a coding issue on the front…

VoltDriver

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt (2013), Hyundai ix20, Oldsmobile Cutlas Supreme (1979), Mercury Comet S22 (1963)
Occupation
Process Manager
Country flag
The rear sidemarkers was only $36.82 each, so I’m hoping that it is a coding issue on the front…
Do you have any web-link? I'm also interestet in replacing the odd amber back sidemark with the us-version. (living in Switzerland)

OP
OP

Ørjan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic silver Mach-e
Country flag
Do you have any web-link? I'm also interestet in replacing the odd amber back sidemark with the us-version. (living in Switzerland)
I got them from a board member, but I guess you can order them from a Ford dealer. Partnumbers are LJ8Z-15A101-A and LJ8Z-15A201-A. You also need contacts/plugs and wires.

VoltDriver

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt (2013), Hyundai ix20, Oldsmobile Cutlas Supreme (1979), Mercury Comet S22 (1963)
Occupation
Process Manager
Country flag
I got them from a board member, but I guess you can order them from a Ford dealer. Partnumbers are LJ8Z-15A101-A and LJ8Z-15A201-A. You also need contacts/plugs and wires.
So you activated these side markers?

OP
OP

Ørjan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic silver Mach-e
Country flag
So you activated these side markers?
I haven’t got my car yet ? but I will activate the rear side markers (the police probably wont like it but…). Hopefully I will also manage to make the front markers work too.

VoltDriver

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Process Manager
Country flag
No problem, these are allowed in switzerland, same as the red turn signals of us cars.

OlaviK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR (Re-scheduled to StarWhite), VW e-UP!
Country flag
Rear markers installed ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can we get the US-sidemarkers on our EU-cars? 96186DAB-7BDD-43EF-9D7F-96139CC3FD5C
Could you please explain as I was like 10 years old.
- So in the rear you replaced orange "covers" with red ones.
- You also added behind some part(s) for light bulbs etc.

And you said the parts were LJ8Z-15A101-A and LJ8Z-15A201-A
And these two part sets should cover left and right sides as well?

Want that too

OP
OP

Ørjan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic silver Mach-e
Country flag
Could you please explain as I was like 10 years old.
- So in the rear you replaced orange "covers" with red ones. The orange "cover" is replaced with a complete red sidemarker (with LED's)
- You also added behind some part(s) for light bulbs etc. You only need a "pig tail" (wire and plug) For 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Side Marker Lamp Connector Rear Motorcraft 37679PJ | eBay My dealer just took the plugs from a wire harness they had laying around.

And you said the parts were LJ8Z-15A101-A and LJ8Z-15A201-A Yes; LJ8Z-15A101-A (the right side) and LJ8Z-15A201-A (the left side) + plugs.
And these two part sets should cover left and right sides as well? Yes, these are the REAR side markers. The front orange reflectors are just reflectors both in the US and in Europe. The front side markers are integrated in the headlamps, so I think it is possible to program it on EU-cars, but I haven't found out yet..

Want that too
Ford Mustang Mach-E Can we get the US-sidemarkers on our EU-cars? sm1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can we get the US-sidemarkers on our EU-cars? sm2

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ørjan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic silver Mach-e
Country flag
Spent an hour with "my" mechanic the other day; there's no way to code the sidemarkers in front. There probably is a basic programming in the car wich is market dependant (EU/US/whatever), and that programming is not accessible with the equipment at an ordinary dealer.

Tomckr

First Name
Tom-Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
OlavIK have you done the wiering by yourself? Where did you find the power for this lights?

OlaviK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR (Re-scheduled to StarWhite), VW e-UP!
Country flag
OlavIK have you done the wiering by yourself? Where did you find the power for this lights?
Did myself. I Ran the wires from the taillight making Y connection. When you remove the rearlight there is an opening to the fender section where the reflector will be. I ordered connector (reflector side) with the wiring from ebay so they fit and stay in place firmly.
Sponsored