Can/Will Ford make it easy to move our orders to honest dealers?

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know for the most part many dealers are respectful of the ordering process and the MSRP on our Mach E’s, but there are several dealers who are trying to get additional money by “adding” unwanted add on's even after the customer said they do not want them. Sending email even before the car arrives at the dealership does not stop some of this to occur. This along with bad information on if the dealer supports "options' and X-Plan pricing have caused additional aggravation in the purchasing process..

What recourse does a customer have? Moving the order while it’s in transit would be the perfect choice. Supporting a dealer that is respectful of what the customer wants will go a long way, not only for the dealer, but Ford as well.
Sponsored

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ford asked me to take a survey about the process and I left feedback that they should allow customers to filter the dealer page based on (1) those that accept XYZ pricing, (2) reservation $ amount, and (3) dealer markup. Wishful thinking maybe, but I really think Ford needs to do what they can to influence the dealers here on behalf of the customers.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
there isn't really a recourse right now.

others have suggested that now that cars are starting to show up and people have decided to abandon your order, you can look around locally to see what's around, or perhaps even look at somewhere you can travel to.

in the case of ADM, you can try the "tweet at Mike Levine" route.

but in the case of nonsense addons ("rustproofing" etc.) yeah, you're screwed.

there's many many many posts on here about dealer shenanigans. right now, it is what it is.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
there's many many many posts on here about dealer shenanigans. right now, it is what it is.
Thats what I think could be addressed. If you were diligent and followed all of Ford's rules on ordering there has to be some recourse to hold the dealers to that standard. My fear now as my car gets closer to delivery, despite all of my efforts to communicate with the dealer, I will see additional non required mark up items along with some statement saying "we will not support x plan or options. It keeps me up at night. Confidence is not high based on past dealer experiences.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
It's completely insane that we allow this nonsense to continue.

The dealers that are attempting ADM on customer-ordered Mach-Es are - indefensibly - wrong.
The dealers that are placing ADM on customer-canceled Mach-Es are jerks, but I can *kinda* see it. I'd never pay it, but I can see their point.

The ones doing it on customer-ordered vehicles ignore the fact that the dealer themselves never would have even received the car if the customer hadn't ordered it. Shows total disrespect for the customer.